What's new

What the? Schill bidding or am I missing something?

Antares,
How can that be? Isn't there some sort of severe consequence if a buyer just doesn't pay when they've won an auction? I know I sound hopelessly naive asking the question, but isn't there some sort of legal action available if this happens?

Fwiw, I've been on eBay since '98 primarily as a buyer (hundreds of items...at least) and less than a dozen times as a seller so my experience is skewed by that.

If a buyer doesn't pay up the seller goes through a dispute process in order to get refunded any fees for listing the item. If the buyer still doesn't pay up then they get a strike on their account that they never paid for the item. It goes on their record more or less. I'm sure after a certain amount of strikes the person gets banned from ebay or something

thats the kind of cash you pay for a toggle not a fatboy, along with the crazyness of ebay there is still some bargains to be had on ebay, just need to keep the eyes open and not get into a bidding frenzy.

What is the caution for? Accusation? Singling out the buyer or seller? I am confused. Outliers like thus are fodder for discussion.

Yes I agree they will almost certainly be discussed. I just urge caution because these types of discussions can indeed turn into accusations against the seller and disparaging things said about the buyer. I think it's good to conduct the discussion as if the people being discussed are sitting right there at the table with you. You never know. Chances are good that they are.

Yes I agree they will almost certainly be discussed. I just urge caution because these types of discussions can indeed turn into accusations against the seller and disparaging things said about the buyer. I think it's good to conduct the discussion as if the people being discussed are sitting right there at the table with you. You never know. Chances are good that they are.

Sage advice.

Another one just ended.
Admittedly the razor is very nice and it's a coronation set case but isn't it basically just a tech for £230 :scared:.
Seller seems totally genuine, I hope they get their money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350731610077

(I assume it's ok to post a link now it's over, Apologies if not, please let me know asap to remove.)

Another one just ended.
Admittedly the razor is very nice and it's a coronation set case but isn't it basically just a tech for £230 :scared:.
Seller seems totally genuine, I hope they get their money.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350731610077

(I assume it's ok to post a link now it's over, Apologies if not, please let me know asap to remove.)

The reason that one went so high.....It's SUPER quality and in a box. :thumbup1:

The ones I have listed are only REGULAR quality and no box. :thumbdown

SUPER QUALITY VINTAGE 1930,S GENTS SAFETY RAZOR IN BOX GILLETTE MINT UNUSED

Yup. It's totally fine to post links to auctions that have ended or are BIN-only. I was watching that one, too, until it went way overpriced, IMO.

Is there to tell a factory nickel plated vs someone re-plating a user grade model? any designation on the razor?

Nothing definitive, and platers are under no obligation to mark items that they replate, if you're thinking about something like that. However, if you look at them for long enough you'll get pretty good at picking out replates. Areas that ought to be sharp become smoother and rounder. Areas that were worn or damaged will be the most noticeable, but the whole razor will have almost the effect of having been shot through a soft lens. Knurling and text imprints are the first place to look for details that have gone mushy.

Top Bottom