$Gold Dollar, Carbon Fiber Scales.jpg

Kyle's prep
Star Shaving Big Mama latigo strop
Henkotsu kamisori
RazoRock Fresco
Body Shop synthetic brush
444 aftershave balm
Mozart and Schubert

The Henkotsu didn't seem to like the Fresco (not enough slickness).

My face didn't like having only three days' between shaves.

I had a blast.

an under $5 ebay find some weeks ago...made in Germany
proxy.php

combine the $5 shipping with another razor from the same seller and I have under $8 in this one
proxy.php

had corrosion on the blade and the edge on both sides but the buffing compound wheels took it all away. When it came time to hone, no pitting whatsoever on the edge...honed up real nice, and what a beautiful shaver (full hollow)

razor was cleaned up on a bench top buffer...emory and extra fine green compounds

Honing Progression-

Chosera 1 K
La Petit Blanc bout
Les Latnuese
Ozuku Asagi (finish)

I own and shave with nicer razors but this is one great shaver

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Didn't have time for any pictures this morning but here is the description:

Razor
Ed Wüsthof Trident's Cutlery Solingen "Barber's King" - bought in an extremely sorry state, covered in rust and a huge chip out of the edge. Looked to have been chipped after the first or second honing so I had lots of metal left after taking it down 1/8.
Sanded it and honed it Unicot and now I'm left with a +/- 6/8 blade which is also nice and long and now has a lovely straight edge. Stuck on some acrylic scales that I badly made (pivot hole isn't straight) but they do the job.

Soap
Palmolive stick - cheap as chips at EUR1.09 and I quite like the smell. Lathers up easily once on the face.

Brush
Unknown make, from the local supermarket - don't think it's badger, it looks nothing like my other brush (badger) but works great for face lathering.

After Shave
Gillette Cool Wave AS

This razor will be piffed to my brother who coming to visit me on Friday so hopefully he'll convert to straights too!

I can finally add something...My first straight shave tonight.

Razor - Koken, Army and Navy (Cheers Larry) 6/8 I think

Soap - Wahl traditional barbers shave cream, I can not rate this stuff highly enough. Great Australian made product and it's just perfect.

Brush - Edwin Jagger Super Badger

Aftershave - None, Nivea sensitive skin moisturiser (and I piled it on)

View attachment 261694

I'll try for a hand clean up on the weekend, just to take some patina off the blade a little, I won't go near the ouchy bit...promise...

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Another winner from whippeddog, nice razor Bendragon, congrats on your first SR shave. IMO, the patina looks cool, and attempting to polish it, no matter how careful you are, will result in a razor that will need a touch up.

+++

This morning I used the Grelot.

$iPhone 098.jpg

Top Bottom