What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Novodur | Santa Maria Novella | SOC

proxy.php

Yesterday: Spike wedge, Union Cutlery, NY. So smooth!
Today: Gath & Chaves big hollow, Solingen.

Attachments

• $IMG_1429.jpg
    $IMG_1429.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 229
  • $IMG_1439.jpg
    $IMG_1439.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 230
lathered up with razorock?!!? that a buddy sent me to try.... and tested out 2 kami's... one made for a member here and the other one *(black handle) is mine all mine...

had a nice DFS....

proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
New to me, 7/8 full hollow Wostenholm I.XL with pressed horn scales. It has a lovely patina, plan on keeping this one "as is".
edit: maybe

$iPhone 657.jpg

Last edited:
Was having trouble honing this one since I got it a few months ago.

With advice from Kentos, I finally managed to get an edge I liked.

Takami
proxy.php

^--- thats a sexy kami.....

tonights shave was one of my own creatures... this one i made for me.... and i love it...

lathered up with musgo real... slow and easy *(for once) 3 passes with a touchup.... and achieved the ever elusive BBS.... and just the tinyist of tiny weepers on the neck...

proxy.php

I'll add another Kami to the mix
Takami Tamahagane / Watetsu . Hit it with a coticule from the man above + balsa strop from Larry and I think I may have have to sell all my western straights now...

$IMG_1179.jpg

We go from $150+ Kamisoris to $5 Gold Dollars. ;-} I like my Kamis, too, but every now and then, I just have to break out a GD and marvel at the simplicity and functionality.

This one I finished two days ago. Typical GD. Great shave. Used some Mama Bear's Sandalwood and Vanilla.

$customGD5small.jpg

tonight i pulled out the coticule and honed up my NOS frederick reynolds i got from germany......

lathered up with musgo real and had another BBS....

proxy.php

Top Bottom