What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Le Grelot 'Special Barbe Dure' 6/8 (thanks dmcconnel)
Honed up on Lapping film (thanks rickboone1)
Finished up on the Kanayama (thanks Seraphim/Kentos/Doc226)

You are all a bunch of enablers... awesome shave

attachment.php

Taylor The 1000
Simpson Commodore X3 with 2-band knot
Captain's Choice Bay Rum ASL
Tabac soap

Attachments

• $SOTD 04:26:2012.jpg
    $SOTD 04:26:2012.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 203
MWF
Captain's Choice Bay Rum
RV B&B LE brush
The Wonder

I got this razor in a PIF and the person wasn't sure if it was shave ready. Brian, paco664, graciously honed this for me and I can assure you it is shave ready now. The tip is a bit blood-thirsty and I cut my shave short (har-har) before I received too many nicks. The razor is a smooth shaver and I know once I get the hang of it that I won't have to worry so much about the tip.

Attachments

• $SOTD 04:27:2012.jpg
    $SOTD 04:27:2012.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 162
Bob,

I think it's good to always have a healthy respect for that point. I used my Dovo Ebony square-point last night and was minding the point like a hawk. You'll learn that square and Spanish points are good for cleaning up those last few stragglers right under your nose.

Bob,

I think it's good to always have a healthy respect for that point. I used my Dovo Ebony square-point last night and was minding the point like a hawk. You'll learn that square and Spanish points are good for cleaning up those last few stragglers right under your nose.

I've had a goatee and mustache for years and I'm always thankful that I have it when I read about the trouble people have with their upper lips and chins. That being said, I can't do much about my ears and that tip eyed them up for sure!

shaved tonight with the maiden voyage of the 9/8ths kamisori i made yesterday at work...... spring steel... big and heavy it is a whisker chopping machine.... i am very proud of this one....

MWF and TABAC mixed with my custom brush by trick420......

2 passes and a touchup = DFS...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

shaved tonight with the maiden voyage of the 9/8ths kamisori i made yesterday at work...... spring steel... big and heavy it is a whisker chopping machine.... i am very proud of this one....

MWF and TABAC mixed with my custom brush by trick420......

2 passes and a touchup = DFS...
Dude, when you gonna make me one of the wicked blades!

Dude, when you gonna make me one of the wicked blades!

i dunno..... i know they work because i use them... but i see the works of art some of the other guys put out with flawless grinding and mirror polishes....

i just prefer grinder marks and a flaw or two....

there is beauty in the simple things...

Top Bottom