What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Böker Elite 6/8. As I promised yesterday I shaved with a Böker today. It is a very fine razor even though the steel lined horn scales makes it rather heavy. It really is a shame that a fine razor like this one doesn't get more use than I give the Elite. I believe that the reason might be that I had mixed feelings about the signals the name and design sent me. I guess that I've overcome that, and I won't comment upon it. Anyhow from now on it will see more use.

$Böker Elite.jpg

$IMG_3124.jpg
Ralf Aust 6/8 with what he calls/called an "American Point".
Word is Herr Aust didn't make a lot of these. Don't know why; it's a really nice razor

This midget has become the razor I most often reach out for. I have to remind myself that I have a "duty" to her sisters as well. Once you learn how to shave with her she's nearly as effective as her sister the 32 but much more nimble and without the risk of being bitten.
Schafer (rebranded Schulze) very thin hollow ground.
View attachment 693976
I do really like the looks of this razor. By the description it seems to be just the type of shaver that I really like. I have a couple of razors like her and I treasure them.

Thiers Issard is a bit of a controversial brand. The razors are of high quality and they are always beautiful, but are they worth a price two to three times higher than other razors? I've got six of them. It wasn't an easy decision to buy any of them. The cost was always far beyond my at the time rather generous budget limits.

I love them all. They are good shavers and i view them as pieces of art. To pick one up just to look at it is a joy. Of course I also shave with them.

Today having a rather large collection of carefully selected razors and a more limited budget I still would have bought my TI razors but over a much longer time span. Probably as the only Christmas or birthday gift (that's one of the benefits of having a son too young to buy his father gifts). My next birthday will be my 50:th perhaps there will be room for a TI 7/8 with thumb notch festooned spine and faux tortoise scales? My boy can be a generous young man.

In short I'm very happy that I was able to acquire these fantastic razors and I hope that I'll someday will be able to find a reason to get another one.

Have a nice day gentlemen

$IMG_20161007_152610.jpg

Really nice razors [MENTION=62321]Lmarkow[/MENTION] and [MENTION=85745]Polarbeard[/MENTION] great scales on both. TI was my gateway to straight razors and it's always a nice return to it in the rotation.

Top Bottom