What's new

What shaving related stuff did you request for Christmas?

Up on the dentop
reindeer pause,
Out jumps shaving Santa Claus.
Down thru' the chimney
with lots of soaps,
All for wet shaver's,
Christmas hopes.
Ho, ho, ho!
Who wouldn't go!
Ho, ho, ho!
Who wouldn't go!
Up on the dentop,
click, click, click,
Down to the shave cave
without a nick.

First comes the stocking
of _MementoMori_,
Oh, dear Santa
He's got the AD's;
Give him a razor
the kind that slants
And from Creed
A bunch of decants.
Ho, ho, ho!
Who wouldn't go!
Ho, ho, ho!
Who wouldn't go!
Up on the dentop,
click, click, click,
Down to the shave cave
without a nick.

Next comes the stocking
of Topgumby,
It's too big
He's being greedy
He let his technique
start to slide,
So he gets some coal
and a used ProGlide.
Ho, ho, ho!
Who wouldn't go!
Ho, ho, ho!
Who wouldn't go!
Up on the dentop,
click, click, click,
Down to the shave cave
without a nick.

I'm kind of a spoiler...

I was going to ask for a higher end razor (perhaps one of Bob's Razor Works creations)...
...but I stopped by the local flea market and picked up a '59 Fatboy and a '30s Long Comb Ball Handled New.

I was going to ask for one of Simpson's mid-line brushes in Best (leaning towards the Berkeley 46)...
...but about a week later I stopped at the same flea market and did some horse (pig?) trading of my two old razors for some cash and a new Omega 80266 (boar).

I've probably save my loved ones some cash and I am quite happy with my hardware (for now), so...

Probably going to put a number of more expensive soaps on my Christmas list, like:

Institut Karite
D.R. Harris Arlington
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Art of Shaving Sandalwood

...and my birthday is only 2 weeks later!

All my kin think I am nuts - and that was before razor collecting got me.

I'm gonna ask for some Lavender colognes and hope I don't get another book from Goodwill that my wife wants to read (and I should want to read too!). :001_rolle

-jim

My mom asked me to order a Nintendo DS for my son and my nephew from Amazon. So, while I was on there I added a tub of Cella and told her to give it to me for X-mas.

The only item on my list is a Simpson's Tulip2 in 2-Band Super. I have a habit of picking up stuff as I go along and seeing as a lot of my purchases are over the internet, I often grab a few extra items when I am shopping to offset minimum shipping costs.

I asked for a progress to finally try an adjustable out. My 1904 has been good to me over the last year though.

I actually did submit shaving supplies for my christmas list. I haven't been de shaving very long so my list includes all the stuff I read about here, but haven't tried yet. Normally I don't give anyone a list, just prefer to have my family spoil my kids. This year my mom mandated a list. So I emailed the list to my dad, and he said he had no clue what any of it meant?! I guess good shaving skipped a generation from my grandpa to me.

My shaving stuff arrrived and is sitting in the boxes. It stinks that I have to wait until Christmas.

From Vintage Blades:
Merkur "Heavy Classic" (34C) Set
Blade Sampler Pack
Merkur Super Double Edge Razor Blades
Rooney Style 3 Small in Super Silvertip
DE Razor and Brush Stand
Chrome Shaving Cup
Vintage Blades Brand Triple-Milled Shaving Soap in a Wooden Bowl
Vintage Blades Brand Herbal Citrus Shaving Cream
Col Conk Bay Rum Shave Soap
RazoRock Pure Alum Block

From Queen Charlotte Soaps:
Key Lime Shaving Cream Soap
Cedarwood-Lemongrass Shaving Cream Soap

Nothing. We are taking a family vacation to Spain next summer and we're going easy on Christmas (But I'm getting a La Toja wooden bowl! Shhhh.).

My shaving stuff arrrived and is sitting in the boxes. It stinks that I have to wait until Christmas.

From Vintage Blades:
Merkur "Heavy Classic" (34C) Set
Blade Sampler Pack
Merkur Super Double Edge Razor Blades
Rooney Style 3 Small in Super Silvertip
DE Razor and Brush Stand
Chrome Shaving Cup
Vintage Blades Brand Triple-Milled Shaving Soap in a Wooden Bowl
Vintage Blades Brand Herbal Citrus Shaving Cream
Col Conk Bay Rum Shave Soap
RazoRock Pure Alum Block

From Queen Charlotte Soaps:
Key Lime Shaving Cream Soap
Cedarwood-Lemongrass Shaving Cream Soap

Man! That lot will take some space under the tree. Don't worry, it will be well worth the wait.

Top Bottom