What's new

What operating systems are you using?

What operating systems are you using?

• Windows

• Linux

• Mac OS

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mac OS X snow leopard on my desktop at work and the wife's MacBook at home. I ditched the laptop and use an iPad (iOS) at home.

At work, XP main desktop, Ubuntu on several development boxes. Linux embedded on some ARM devices.

At home / personal, XP main desktop, Android on the phone, sort-of Linux on the netbook. The kids are using mostly XP and Windows7.

Windows 7 64-bit on both my home laptop and desktop.

Windows Vista at work. We were finally forced to convert all of them over from XP this month and I forgot what a *** Vista is.

Windows 7 64-bit on both my home laptop and desktop.

Windows Vista at work. We were finally forced to convert all of them over from XP this month and I forgot what a *** Vista is.

Ask if you can be a test bed and run 7 - way superior to Vista. (But so was XP.)

I think Vista may well become the latest 'Windows ME' disaster and will soon be dropped, so your company may want to move to 7 ASAP.

Macbook - snow leopard/ubuntu 10.04 dual booting
Powermac - Tiger
Old laptop - ubuntu 10.10
A few versions of linux puppy on usb drives.

Ask if you can be a test bed and run 7 - way superior to Vista. (But so was XP.)

I think Vista may well become the latest 'Windows ME' disaster and will soon be dropped, so your company may want to move to 7 ASAP.

I have already requested that, I ran some of beta test images of Vista before we converted over and still never got everything to work well with it. I have already volunteered (like the day I heard the word Vista!) to help test Windows 7 when we get the green light for it.

Snow leopard on my mac book which hardly gets used since the iPad has come home.
Desktop PC that is running Vista but it sees little use these days.
SWMBO is running XP on her laptop and I just upgraded the RAM this week. Thinking of upgrading her to windows 7. She hates MAC or I'd get her a new mac book.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I use Windows 7 and consider it a solid operating system.

I also have an Ipad that I really enjoy

I like it. Good legacy support for older progs . Vista sucked!

Suddenly I am waxing nostalgic about winows 3.1 over DOS. Or OS2 Warp. Now THAT was an operating system!

Win 7 on my work laptop. Windows 7 is a major improvement over Vista.

Other operating systems are out of the question for me - as long as work provides computers, I'll use them.

Windows 7 FTW! MS is working hard on windows 8 as we chat. I am an unabashed windows user since 3.1. Anyone else have the pleasure of windows Bob? Thanks Melinda! Lol

Windows 7 at home, and xp on my works laptop, I find 7 quite good, far far better than vista, which loved a good crash now and again.

Linux user here. However, I will often save document and spreadsheet files created with open office in windows format because when I email them, often the recipient runs windows.....

A reminder to the linux users about the "Shaved Penguins" social group and the "Linux Mint" thread (which covers all linux, not just Mint).

I probably should have put "other" since I use Windows and Linux. I mostly use Windows, only use my Linux netbook for paying bills really.

Top Bottom