What's new

What Model Schick Injector Is This?

Looking to find out what model Schick EverSharp razor I have here. Your opinions or experiences with this model are welcome.

$$(KGrHqJ,!lIE9RwIs19oBPkM4mGrI!~~60_57.jpg$$(KGrHqV,!isE69Z-N+qrBPkM4coQFw~~60_57.jpg$DSC02698.jpg

Looks like an E-type to me. Nice razor!

Second that. Looks like a Type E to me as well.

Type E's are great shavers!! Not quite as mild as later models.

By the way, if you have any Schick Plus Platinum left in that dispenser those are considered to be top of the line Injector blades.

Second that. Looks like a Type E to me as well.

Type E's are great shavers!! Not quite as mild as later models.

By the way, if you have any Schick Plus Platinum left in that dispenser those are considered to be top of the line Injector blades.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I bought 5 Schick Plus Platinum cartridges off Ebay. I hear the Personna 74s blades are good too.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Is this type of Injector is considered to be more aggressive than Schick Adjustable Injector on highest setting? Are there other differences shave-wise?

Hmm, jumping in late here, but "Eversharp Schick" didn't start appearing on the razors until the "G" models (Eversharp acquired the company in 1946, the "E"'s were from the 1930's and early 1940's and just bore the name "Schick"). The case is for a "G1" series razor (the later year G1's, 1950-53 according to Waits). The Canadian models and markings are still a relative mystery to me. My aging eyes can't quite tell from the picture, but if you have a visible seam running the length of the handle (top and bottom), you've got a "G".

Sweet razor. The "G" series is my favorite, followed by the "E".

Hmm, jumping in late here, but "Eversharp Schick" didn't start appearing on the razors until the "G" models (Eversharp acquired the company in 1946, the "E"'s were from the 1930's and early 1940's and just bore the name "Schick"). The case is for a "G1" series razor (the later year G1's, 1950-53 according to Waits). The Canadian models and markings are still a relative mystery to me. My aging eyes can't quite tell from the picture, but if you have a visible seam running the length of the handle (top and bottom), you've got a "G".

I looked for a seam and found none. The handle appears to be a solid piece of bakelite. I took some more photos if it helps identify it. It is made in Canada. The cartridge that came with it says Schick Eversharp made in USA. It contained 12 blades originally.

$DSC02745.jpg$DSC02747.jpg$DSC02748.jpg$DSC02749.jpg$DSC02750.jpg

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Is this type of Injector is considered to be more aggressive than Schick Adjustable Injector on highest setting? Are there other differences shave-wise?
I have only used this injector razor so I can't speak about it's aggressiveness versus other injectors. I found it pretty aggressive but not in the same league as OCs. Hopefully others on here will speak to your question.

OK...in the absence of the typical abundance of expert's data on all things shave related, I have a choice to make. I can go with majority rules and deem my injector a "Type E," or go with Mr. Flay's convincing post that this is a "Type G."

That's a tough call...so I've decided this Schick Eversharp Injector Razor is a "Type GE."

I'm not really sure what you have there. My initial thought was that it's a mismatched set because of what Mr.Flay pointed out, but the stuff that came out of Canada was a bit different than what the US plant was making. Anyhoo, it's a very nice razor.

I'm not really sure what you have there. My initial thought was that it's a mismatched set because of what Mr.Flay pointed out, but the stuff that came out of Canada was a bit different than what the US plant was making. Anyhoo, it's a very nice razor.
Thanks Tom. I have to say I find the injectors fascinating in the way they handle blades, and I think they look very classic with the brass head and bakelite handle. I used this one once and got a DFS from it with 2 passes. The head size makes it easy to shave hard to reach areas like under the nose. It's a bit light in the hand but not so much to be an issue.

Interesting thread...I also have a Canadian Injector that I have been trying to ID
Mine is similar but has definite differences.
I am even having trouble figuring out what color the handle is, sometimes it looks dark blue, other times its black.
I thought it was a G4 Schick 66, dark blue handle, chrome head...now I'm not sure.

Picture of the blue/black handle
proxy.php

Here is a side view, notice the difference in the spring and the rivet head.
proxy.php

Picture of the hear, slightly different lettering, spring and rivet
proxy.php

Handle has no seam
proxy.php

Another pic for comparison
proxy.php

I wish I could tell the difference between bakelite and plastic...that would help.
Also on the safetyrazors website it mentions the springs with and with out flaps and tabs..but I find it confusing

So this post probably just confuses it even more...maybe we just have weird Canadian razors :001_smile

Thx

I never did "match" the Schick (or Pal) razors I had between 1957 and 1961 (well, I don't think I have -- my old memories are pretty vague), but I now have an "E", two Gs, and a Hydromagic. Before I got that last one, my preference had been the G8 because of the better grip with the ridges instead of shallow, smooth edged grooves. The Hydromagic handle is similar to the G8, but slightly improved the way it adds bulk at the butt end of the handle.

None of them acts "aggressive" to me. All seem mild, and nevertheless shave very close without effort. It is the exaggerated lightness, almost akin to a disposable, that results (IMO) in missing more spots than I do with my heavier razors, whose mass gives me a better feeling of control.

Sled Dog, rub the handle with your thumb, using some pressure until it's warm/hot, the Bakelite will give off a pungent/burnt odor that plastic won't.

Addressing the type of Razor is a bit stickier, the Eversharp Co. purchased the brand from American Chain and Cable in 1946, my guess would be they are G Razor Heads because of the Eversharp logo, using the last of the Bakelite Handles left over from 1945, the last year Bakelite was offered in the U.S.

There really isn't much difference I can see between the E & G Razor Heads other than the inscription of Schick or Eversharp, otherwise they provide identical shaves.

Kaiseris, the E is about equal to setting my M-1 Adjustable to #6.5

BTW, I had 33 comfortable shaves (no irritation, nicks, weepers) from the Plus Platinum's. Right now I'm on #17 with the 74's, they don't feel as sharp or smooth as the Plus Platinum's though they still are impressive. I seem to prefer the NOS Injector Blades to the Current production, I also have the NOS Schick Krona & NOS Gillette Injector Blades, but haven't tested them yet.

Last edited:
As always, opinions vary. I have an E-model, and two Gs, of that set of three, the G-8 was the one that worked best, shaved closest, with the least effort. Then, I finally got an I-model. It wasn't the "right" one (dark plastic handle) because it is an Hydromagic model, not the ordinary one. It is now my favorite Injector; best shave, easy shave.

The plain I-model is what I used when I first had to deal with shaving every day, instead of less often.

Top Bottom