What's new

What is your goal for shining shoes?

What is the goal of your shining?

• Mirror Shine

• Clean and Tidy

Results are only viewable after voting.
It depends on the shoe. I have some Allen Edmonds penny loafers that are a very slightly textured calf - they can't be made to have a shine, just a little sheen. On the other hand, a smooth leather, dressy shoe can take a bright shine, and I like them that way. I have a old pair of J&M saddle shoes, and they glisten, despite being 20 years old. It just depends.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Fellow Shoe Shiners:
Wasn't doing too much last Sunday after Mass...so I spit-shined (brn & blk Angelus polish), my new Alfani double monk dress shoes (just need a couple more base-coats & they will look like glass). :thumbsup:

My Double Monk Shoes - 1.jpg

My Double Monk Shoes.jpg

shoe-shine-jpg.876949
"I would say that a good [spit-shine] is exactly like a good wine. [The shine is]...going to stay and last a long time". Christian Louboutin

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Damn, Christopher, that's some serious shinage. Thanks for the necro-post resurrection.
I'm not at the point where I can do a real mirror shine, but I now do go for RaGS (Really a Good Shine). Working on mirror for 1 or 2 pairs of boots.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Damn, Christopher, that's some serious shinage. Thanks for the necro-post resurrection. [Aww shucks...it was nothing.
proxy.php
]
I'm not at the point where I can do a real mirror shine, but I now do go for RaGS (Really a Good Shine). Working on mirror for 1 or 2 pairs of boots.
Georg:
Thanx for the
Shout-out.jpg
, support and for sharing. :thumbsup:

shoeshine-image-jpg.808577
"If both of your shoes are shined, then your best foot will always be forward". Maryrose Wood

Top Bottom