What's new

what is your go to product when you are in a hurry and can't use brush?

Lately, I've been getting some great brushless shaves with Musgo Real. In fact, MR seems to work better without a brush than it does with it.

But MR is my seasonal go-to for Spring. Ask me this same question in July, and I'll probably say Proraso.

Many times, even when I'm not pressed for time, I skip using a brush. There isn't a soap or cream out there that can't be lathered up by hand. Neither your whiskers nor your razor will know the difference.

Interesting that most people would go to a cream in a rush...
I use a shave stick when I'm in a rush. Usually a QED shave stick. Add a 2 pass shave and I'm out the door.

T&H WIL spread on the face and rubbed into the beard with my fingers. Second choice is KMF. Third choice used to be King of Shaves gel, but I don't have any of it anymore because I gave it to my son.

Pure water.

Best answer yet.

My "in a hurry" logic is backwards regarding hardware. If I suddenly need to shave, I'll just squeeze some cream from a tube onto a brush for a super fast face lather (doesn't have to be perfect). Barely takes longer than using fingers. Then instead of a DE, use a Trac II like I used to use carts back in the day--one pass of short, slightly overlapping strokes, followed by quick touch ups. For me, the cart instead of DE more than makes up for the brush time.

Luckily I haven't had to do this too many times--if I have to get up early, shaving the night before works fine.

I'll use almost anything brushless ... today it was Williams. I've also been enjoying JASON Skin and Beard Therapy ... hard to find, but a terrific product for travel or a quickie shave.

If I have a need to save time shaving (self employed, so that doesn't happen often) I do it by skipping passes, not by skipping the brush!!

My alternative need is not in the interest of time, but for travel. I can not, will not, and must not (a little OCD?) put a wet brush in my shave kit or suitcase. So, when traveling, I simply use a wet hand to face lather some RSC cream and I'm good! Not my choice for everyday use, but works acceptably when on the go.

If I am in a big hurry, Noxzema Sensitive cream in the can with the slant and an Israeli red. I can get a great 2 pass shave in 5 minutes.

I use King of Shaves if I am in a hurry. I love all of the products but if you give a few minutes and work the gel and hydrate your face well, it works good enough for me!

I haven't shaved without a brush in over five years. If I'm in a real hurry, my go to option is a palmolive shave stick and a quick face lathering. If I'm really, really in a hurry. I skip my shave for the day.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
When you're in a hurry and need to shave, my advice is ..... don't! A rushed shave is a bad shave. The 2-3 minutes to whip up a lather shouldn't be a game changer.

Top Bottom