What's new

What is, was your favorite Camera?

Started out in 1950 with Kodak, first good Camera was Pentex MX, moved up to Nikon for many years, then switched over to Canon.

Canon F-1’s, and T-90’s. Last system I bought was Canon EOS-1’s, and couple of ROS RT’s with Non Moving Mirrors.

Honestly think nothing today or back in 1990’s best the EOS System. Their “L” Lenes were the best.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’ve been using my Canon 1D Mark IV on this trip. It must be approaching 300,000 shutter actuations by now. I bought it used when I started having issues with my 7D2 after a hardware update. Canon eventually replaced that 7D2 and I sold it before trying the replacement camera.

My favorite camera at this point is my Canon 1DX2 but I’m saving up for a Canon R5 Mark2 which should be released sometime in 2024, along with the RF 100-500.

lasta

Blade Biter
I started with Pentax DSLRs. Tried a friend's Pentax MX and got hooked on film.

Nowadays I mostly reach for my Contax RTS II or RX.

When I was in Photojournalism School I has a Nikon FM and a FE with a bunch of lenses. I loved those cameras.

Now I use a Canon M50 Mark II and a M200. They both use EF-M lenses and are easy for my wife and kids to use. Really happy with the pair. 👍

My East German Praktica MTL3 with a Carl Zeiss Jena lens that I got in 1984.

Excellent, rugged SLR which shoots great pics.

Love it's 'click!'. Not a stealth camera.

It's looks so retro cool, full of character.

Always a place in my affections for my little Kodak Instamatic 55x that I got in the 70's, my first camera.

Last edited:
My old Exakta VX IIB, also from East Germany. When I was young, more than fifty years ago, I dreamed of having one. When I was fifty, more than twenty years ago, I got one at a church basar. I sold it after perhaps fifteen years, because it just stayed in the drawer. Analog photography is no longer sustainable.

When I used 35mm film I was firstly Canon Man then I eventually went over to Nikon, having gone completely Digital my camera of choice now is a Sony a6600 having tried the Nikon and Canon equivalents, nothing comes near that camera it's an incredible camera, I'm sure some alien super advanced race created the focusing system.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
When I used 35mm film I was firstly Canon Man then I eventually went over to Nikon, having gone completely Digital my camera of choice now is a Sony a6600 having tried the Nikon and Canon equivalents, nothing comes near that camera it's an incredible camera, I'm sure some alien super advanced race created the focusing system.
Sony joined the big boys and girls in a hurry.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I've had/have a lot of cameras and systems over the years. When I started taking photography "seriously" as a hobby I purchased a lot of Nikon gear. In the film side of the house, I loved the Nikon F4s bodies (at one time had 3 simultaneously). As the years turned over, so did interests. Digital seemed to be king and I had a lot of Nikon glass. Of the 3 DSLRs I had from Nikon, I think my favorite of the bodies was the D1x (had a D2xs and currently D4s).

While I was stationed in SoCal, I met up with a group of large format photographers and quickly caught the bug for LF prints. Although I still have several 4x5 cameras I very quickly discovered medium format right about the same time. I purchased a Bronica but that fell apart sadly. I'd still have that body if repair parts were available. After swapping out the Bronica, I ended up getting a Mamiya RB67 and I absolutely love that camera.

So, if I were to rank the cameras that I had/have, I'd say for now the Mamiya is my current favorite followed by the D1x. Sadly, I got rid of the D1x when I picked up the D2xs. At that time though, I was doing a creative switch and dumped a lot of 35mm/AP-C gear in favor of MF gear. I'd get another F4s in a heartbeat if I had the urge and if I could get Li-Ion batteries for the D1x I'd pick up another one of those too.

After swapping out the Bronica, I ended up getting a Mamiya RB67 and I absolutely love that camera.

Mamiya makes great cameras. My favorite Medium format camera for portraits and landscapes.

Canon AE-1 is my go to nature and action camera and all around. I also have a macros lens and bellows for it that is a lot of fun.

IMG_20230506_213606989_HDR.jpg

And yes, I still use one of these when I can
IMG_20230506_214046268_HDR.jpg

The old brownies are fun. The original point and shoot.
IMG_20230506_212417449_HDR.jpg

Back in High School to Photography Class, Mr. Mitchel was instructor. We made Pin Hole Cameras out of Coffee Cans.

The first image I created got me hooked on photography.

Also got the Photography bug watch Charles Bronson in series about Freelance Photographer Mike Kovacs.

Now everything is digital, and film is not in vogue.

Top Bottom