What's new

What is my next blades going to be next?

What is my razor blades going to be next? I tried Derby Extra blade and I like it but fairly sharp and smooth and it make my skin smooth but still had little red rash and nicks. I was wondering if you could think that my next blade is Red Personna pack from Isarel. I still have one pack of Red Personna Platinum which 4 blades left and Cyrstal had 4 blades left too.

The Derby Extra I've use is the last blade I'm using right now. I have to order more at west coast shaving or Lee's shaving or maybe amazon's.

Do you like Red Personna or Derby Extra? Which is the smoothest and fairly sharp. Is Derby Extra is number one blade or not?

Do you still get rash and cuts from using Derby's or Red Personna or Cyrstal?

help me to choose.

Chris

For me Derbys and IPs are about the same. Some believe IPs are a little smoother than Derbys. Personally, I'd go with which ever one is cheaper.

I just tried a IP yesterday. It was OK for me, which is great because it's a cheap blade. Was a lot better than a derby in every way.
I don't rate derbys smooth (too dull and can't cut my stubble on my chin WTG or anywhere ATG, so something that drags and pulls like a derby on me could never be called smooth).
The IP seems sharper and cut OK without dragging, but wasn't as smooth as my favourite blades (gillette and feather).

late edit: Just retried the IP just then, smooth, but not sharp enough to get a close shave (for me and my thick coarse stubble anyway).
If you got a close shave with a derby, these will be a step up. I couldn't even finish a shave with a derby, so neither are sharp enough for me, but the IP can finish a OK but not DFS shave. It was be good for an quick everyday shave in the morning, but I wouldn't be expecting superior results out of it. It's sharp enough to not tug or drag, but you won't impress anyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom