What's new

What do you do differently in the cold?

Woke up this morning to 35 deg, walked the dog and felt the moisture fleeing from my hands and face. It's only going to get worse.

What do youse use on your hands and face to keep exposed skin soft n supple?

I don't seem to have much problem with the face but I swear by this for my hands.

$bottles_softening.jpg

I've been starting to get dry hands past couple of years. I use Eucerin Hand cream. Was recommended by one of the Nurses at our Medical Clinic at work. Not greasy at all. Works wonders for me. I use it on the face too even though its hand lotion,. I get dry skin around the sides of the nose so I only use it there. I don't put it all over.

I use pure shea butter in the extreme cold. Gives a nice protective layer and makes my skin nice and soft.

I have a seriously sensitive skin when the cold/dry season hits Stockholm. For a few years now I have been using this not overly expensive French product. I apply it to face every evening and once/twice a week during summer.

proxy.php

One thing I try to do differently in winter is restrict using antibacterial hand gels. My former place of work used to be slow for ordering essentials like refills for soap dispensers in the toilets, but we had a load of antibacterial hand gels so used those instead; I ended up going out and buying soap refill out of my own pocket, but that's another story! The skin on my hands became very dry during January-February last year, which doesn't usually happen, but as soon as I stopped using the antibacterial hand gels as much my skin returned to its normal condition.

Fortunately Boots, the large national pharmacy chain in the UK, sells its own anti viral hand foam, which is preferable to the gels for more than one reason. I tend to use this in winter because I typically pick up colds and throat infections, and I try to do anything in my power to avoid getting them!

I only really started experiencing dry skin during winter a few years ago, though it could be attributed to the fact I probably spend more time outdoors now than I once did.

When it comes to using hand moisturiser, I'm not tied to any one brand. I buy whatever is on offer, though I do like ones I've tried in the Dove range.

I moisturise every day around the year anyway, but I do take some of my L'Oreal Hydra Energetic Turbo Booster Moisturiser with me to work in case my skin feels dry during the day. Who comes up with the names for these things anyway? It's a good product for me though because it's non-greasy and is absorbed quickly, which is ideal to apply at work. It's nice to apply this after shaving sometimes as well.

I also carry Carmex lip balm with me.

You guys. Here on the beach is clear and 75 degrees every day. It goes down to 60 every night. There is morning fog maybe once every three weeks.

(I'm screaming here now:) It hasn't rained in three years. I haven't seen what you people call "weather" literally in years.

It's creepy and boring, but my shaves are my shaves are my shaves.

You guys. Here on the beach is clear and 75 degrees every day. It goes down to 60 every night. There is morning fog maybe once every three weeks.

(I'm screaming here now:) It hasn't rained in three years. I haven't seen what you people call "weather" literally in years.

It's creepy and boring, but my shaves are my shaves are my shaves.

A little preview of the coming weather in Stockholm for your enjoyment:

$Winter.jpg

I miss Sweden! It is a beautiful country in almost every way.
On a shaving front, I used to grow a beard but that changes this year with the advent of DE for me. I'm waiting for the snow to get my first cold water shave - it's going to be outside!

I start using Aveeno cream more often when winter arrives. I discovered this great product a year ago. Compared to products like Nivea, Eucerin and other brands this Aveeno product moisturizes the skin instantly and doesn't leave an oily, shiny looking skin. Also it protects skin for a longer time than Nivea based on my personal comparison. FYI I have a mixed type skin.

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1414734416.923104.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1414734416.923104.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom