What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Saturday Morning Shave-

View attachment 1844471

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower, Proraso Red

Badger: Paladin Sherlock 26 mm Tortoise, 2-band

Blade: Kai

Razor: GC OC68
Soap: NO Logbook
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, NO Logbook Splash

Rating: 9.5/10

Notes: BBS.The Sherlock arrived yesterday, very quickly I might add! It’s my first Paladin brush, and it lives up to the hype. @ChiefBroomand his team did a great job. This brush really fills a trifecta for me - I am a big Holmesian, love the keyhole shape, and I am obsessed with faux tortoise. She is a real beautiful and well apportioned brush, feels great in the hand and whips up an excellent lather that is applied in just the right soft/scrub ratio to the face.

A great all around shave, but probably should have used the GC68p safety bar instead of the open comb. I normally take Saturdays off, but I couldn’t wait to use the Sherlock.

15 Days to Indy.
Enjoy your new Paladin shave brush. It looks great.

Muhle R41 head on Razorock barber pole handle
Gilette Nacet (2)
Rajon Cajon Pinecone Blue Amalgam Shaving Brush
Colette Classic Supply Co Citrus Basil Barbershop
Lustray Blue Spice After Shave
Nivea Sensitive Balm

I've been using the same products to limit variables, seeing which of my razors I like more. Today, the Muhle R41oc head arrived from Amazon at the price of $25. I got bbs with minimal buffing this time around. It's not as smooth as the Tatara Masamune oc or the Blackland Blackbird Ti oc, but look at the price difference! Great value and recommended buy. I rate this shave just below the Tatara, 9.2/10
20240511_195806.jpg

Pre-Shave
Shower and face wash with Dove
Soap/Cream
Body Shop
Brush
Yaqi England 20mm synthetic
Bowl
None
Razor
Yaqi Mellon zamak Maggard MR11 handle
Blade
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow #3
ScentCK Defy EDT
Rating
9/10
CommentsBirthday shave! My son gifted me a tub of Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe softening shave cream. It is more like cream in a tub than soap, and has a mild scent, which is fresh and very pleasant. The lather is amazing - quick to build, even though I lathered up on the face. A little goes a very long way - some even ended up on my toes! The lather is cushioning and doesn't dry out between passes - no extra water was needed to reapply between passes. The 7 O'clock Yellow is still smooth and pleasant on day 3 and continues to impress. Altogether a fabulous shave!
20240512_115544.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Pre-shave • Neutrogena Frangrance-free Bar Soap

Soap • D.R. Harris & Co. Arlington

Bowl • Timeless Blue

Brush • Connaught Omega Jade

Razor • Rex Envoy

Blade • Silver Star (1)

*Warm Shower*

Aftershave • Thayers Unscented + Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum

Eye Gel • Neutrogena Hydro Boost

A relaxing Saturday evening shave. No weepers or irritation. The Envoy/Silver Star combo was superb. Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum is a favorite of mine.

10/10.

Have a great night, friends.

Now Playing •

Pre: Nivea Face Wash and Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap Bar
Razor: Timeless Ti .95SB Matte with Crown handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Soap: Cella Bio
Brush: AP Shave 26mm SilkSmoke
Bowl: Timeless
Post-Shave: Cella Bio AS and Balm

Okay, I am officially done with GSB blades. I have tried to make them work with numerous razors, brushes, soaps, etc. and they continue to suck balls! It makes no sense, but there it is. I switched to a Perma-Sharp mid-shave and the experience went from rusty-hatchet painful to amazingly smooth and efficient. Maybe I received a bad batch? I don't care. I am done. Carry on, my friends.

Ti 95SB 5.11.24.jpg

Pre: Shower
Brush: RazoRock Synthetic
Razor: Vintage Wade & Butcher Straight (Wedge)
Soap: Lothur Orange
Toner: Thayer‘s - Unscented
Splash: None Today
Serum: Jack Black Protein Serum
Balm: Zingari Man Aftershave Balm - Unscented
EDP: Terre d’Hermes

3 Passes
No Knicks, Cuts, Irritation

Shave Rating: 9

IMG_3231.jpeg

Date12.05.2024
366 daily shaves
133/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaGillette Rubie (6)Abe’s Brush Works Blutt STF
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
TGS Savage (18)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9.75/10 (Almost clean)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Summary. Supreme Sunday Shave with the Athena today. Off to my parents to celebrate Mother’s Day.

For extended shave notes click here.

Perhaps a final run with the Rubie seeing that I have been drawing blood all shaves with this blade. I still think it performs above average. I will grant it one final shave to get to 7.

Enjoy your shave!

Sunday morning.

Gillette New Long Comb + Nacet blade
Vulfix 2234 Super Badger brush
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood soap
1980s Pierre Cardin aftershave

Bright and warm again. Nice to get back to the long comb and the Nacet seems to suit it.

Screenshot from 2024-05-12 10-33-50.png

The Vulfix combines soft hair with an ability to churn up good lather. The Jagger soap and Cardin aftershave go better together than I thought they would.

I'll give it a "9" today.

Happy Morher’s Day to you and the special Women in your life.

Razor: Rigarazor
Hone: Belgian Coticle
Brush: Wald A1
Shaving Cream: Wm. Neumann Old Fashioned Soda
Aftershave: Wm. Neumann Absolute Zero (sample)

Beautiful lather this morning with my Wald A1 & Wm. Neumann. I had so much lather, I added a totally unnecessary third/clean up pass.

I’m going to use the Wm. Neumann this week, I didn’t realize how much I missed it and I have a new scent to try.

A Rigarazor with a keen, comfortable edge is very gentle on my face. With my technique, or lack there of, the extra heft of the Rigarazor just glides and decimates whiskers and sometimes my earlobes when I’m not paying attention, but I didn’t have that level of stupidity today.😛

Nice finish with the Absolute Zero, a very clean, fresh, mild scent.

Excellent shave with great products today. Not a whisker to be found and no mistakes. 10/10.
IMG_2704.jpeg

Pre-Shave
Shower and face wash with Dove
Soap/Cream
Body Shop
Brush
Yaqi England 20mm synthetic
Bowl
None
Razor
Yaqi Mellon zamak Maggard MR11 handle
Blade
Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow #3
ScentCK Defy EDT
Rating
9/10
CommentsBirthday shave! My son gifted me a tub of Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe softening shave cream. It is more like cream in a tub than soap, and has a mild scent, which is fresh and very pleasant. The lather is amazing - quick to build, even though I lathered up on the face. A little goes a very long way - some even ended up on my toes! The lather is cushioning and doesn't dry out between passes - no extra water was needed to reapply between passes. The 7 O'clock Yellow is still smooth and pleasant on day 3 and continues to impress. Altogether a fabulous shave! View attachment 1844733
A belated Happy Birthday!
Great gift from your son and sounds like a great shave for your birthday.
I hope every time you use the Body Shop Maca Root it reminds you of your son.

Pre: Shower
Brush: RazoRock Synthetic
Razor: Vintage Wade & Butcher Straight (Wedge)
Soap: Lothur Orange
Toner: Thayer‘s - Unscented
Splash: None Today
Serum: Jack Black Protein Serum
Balm: Zingari Man Aftershave Balm - Unscented
EDP: Terre d’Hermes

3 Passes
No Knicks, Cuts, Irritation

Shave Rating: 9

View attachment 1844788
Beautiful Wade & Butcher. Enjoy in good health.

Top Bottom