What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Edwin Jagger 3one6
Feather (3)
Kent BK8 Silvertip
Tabac (tallow)
Tabac

10/10

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Evening shave - 5/4/24
Razor: RazoRock Mentor
Blade: Derby Premium (4/5) (6)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Top notch shave! It was a fantastic Saturday evening shave! Super smooth and not a lick of irritation. What a great finish on this blade.

Evening shave - 5/5/24
Razor: Matador de Luxe
Blade: Derby Premium (5/5) (1)
Soap: BSS #1 (single lye)
Brush: Omega 81052 Banded Boar
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Back to the mighty Matador razor. This razor was awesome when I used it last and it sure did not disappoint this time either. Very efficient and it could easily be used as a two pass razor and do just fine.

Monday morning shave:
Dally Shave 5.6.2024.jpg

Pre-Shave
Warm Shower; Cube 2.0
Soap/Cream
Soap Commander Honor (Barbershop)
Brush
Semogue Owners Club Badger
Razor
Gillette Red Tip
Blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (1)
Aftershave
Cold water rinse; Thayer's Lemon WH; Trumpers Lime Skin Food; Pinaud Citrus Musk
Fragrance
Rating
9/10
Comments
Three-days growth.

Very nice shave with the Red Tip and 7 O'clock Sharp Edge.

Soap Commander soaps always perform.

Three passes and one clean up. Didn't look for BBS - didn't spend time removing stubble, but got a close, comfortable shave.

No nicks.
No cuts.
No irritation.

DFS++

Cheers!

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Haverford
Brush: Jequil & Corenveo 24mm
Razor: Razorock Game Changer 68-P
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (3)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 10/10

Yet another incredibly good shave. The Game Changer and Perma-Sharp combination is deadly to stubble. :laugh:
When I first picked up the Haverford soap sample from Stirling, I wasn't sure I liked it. Now I find it delightful.

proxy.php

A while back I broke my Old Spice Shaving Mug. I placed my puck of Haslinger in a small container and it was a struggle to load the brush in such a small container. @Saltchuck saw my post and sent me a replacement together with another puck of vintage Williams. Thank you, Chuck. Chuck embodies the true spirit of B&B. Today was the first shave with the new mug.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
T&H Silvertip Badger
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was the 4th consecutive day I used my Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. Today’s brush is the first rush I purchased after joining B&B. Previously, I used one or two brushes, and the only brush I used regularly was a Hoffritz brush I bought in 1993. I am using the Haslinger soap for the 8th consecutive day. A perfect BBS shave.

Monday, May 6, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeTreet Dura Sharp [4]
BrushSemogue Pegasus Boar

Software
PreThayer’s Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherCella Red [18]
PostClubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Rating
7 / 10

Notes
Looking at my collection now calls to mind that saying about eating elephants. It’s time to get serious about cutting it down. I’ll start with this bottle of VIBR, for now. Soaps will require a little more planning.

MicroMatic and MDC Monday

Rating: 9.7/10 Pretty Good Shave

Trying to figure out a way to use up these awful Ted Pella Injector blades. Tried one in the MMOC.
I swear these blades cannot be PTFE coated. I've shaved with enough Carbon and SS PTFE blades to feel the difference. It gave up a serviceable shave. I'll try the next one in a Bullet Tip.
MDC was amazing as usual.

GEM Micro Matic Razor
Ted Pella Injector Blade
Martin de Candre Nature Soap
Frank Shaving G7 Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On
RazoRock Tuscan Oud Aftershave

2540EA3B-6AAC-4323-ADA1-D43DE2BFC9EF-compressed.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Gillette #58 British Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Baker Street
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: AP Shave Co Sand Ebonite 24mm G5A knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling Executive Man EDT
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. A very good shave!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, May5th 2024

Razor : Gem Micromatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, mid to upper mid range. Built to last generations and has a rack and pinion system to tighten the blade up against the blade stops. Made of brass with a chromed nickel finish that holds up to the riggers of continuous use over time. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Proraso Green- Mentholated paste with a eucalyptus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Used a different shave old bowl made in Germany, odd looking style that never caught on as a good bowl.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso Green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Micromatic with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD May 6 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre Shave:Hot water, TOBS Pre-Shave Gel
Razor:Henson AL13 v2 mild
Blade:Dorco ST300 Platinum (2)
# Days Growth:2
Soap/Cream:Highland Springs Barbershop (sample)
Brush:Simpson's Duke 2 Best Badger
Post Shave:Cold water, Thayers, Proraso White, Aloe Gel
Weepers:0
Nicks/cuts:0
Sharpness:9
Comfort:10

DFS++, this soap is joyful, a little neck irritation from the blade or me over-shaving

Shave 05-06-24.jpg

Top Bottom