What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

9/10
Slighty rough but overall nice shave
IMG_1055.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip (A3)
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans Limoncello
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Dscosmetics Neon Handle AP Shave Co 26mm MiG Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Arianna & Evans Limoncello AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with one touch up, no weepers, cuts or irritation. A very good shave!

First shave with the Blue Tip. Found on the large auction site and seems to have been barely used. This razor completes my quest for the trilogy of a Blue, Regular & Red Tip Super Speed. Sigh, now I guess I will have to find another razor(s) to collect.

Thursday morning shave:

Pre-Shave
Warm Shower; Cube 2.0
Soap/Cream
B&M Seville
Brush
Semogue Owners Club Badger
Razor
Gillette Slim - Setting 4
Blade
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (4)
Aftershave
Cold water rinse; Thayer's WH; Trumpers Lime Skin Food; Pinaud Citrus Musk
Fragrance
Rating
8/10
Comments
One day growth.

A workman-like shave.

Three passes and one clean up. Didn't look for BBS - didn't spend time removing stubble.

No nicks.
No cuts.
No irritation.

DFS+

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, May 2nd 2024

Razor : Yaqi 2nd Generation Mellon 316 SSP razor head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mid range. Great razor to work my beard. Excellent machining + finish QC with shielded blade tabs. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna red(1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented soap with some of the best lather qualities in a soap.
Brush : Yaqi " Chiantis" 24 mm synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, Luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather generator.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon 316 SSP razor with a Personna red blade. When mastered this razor is excellent for my shaving needs.
SOTD May 2 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thursday Morning Shave-

IMG_0164.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Hot Towel, Proraso Red

Boar: Omega Jade
Blade: Kai

Razor: PAA Ascension Select
Soap: Proraso Red
After-Shave: Cold Water Splash, GFT Alum, Proraso Red Splash

Rating: 9.5/10

Notes: BBS. I was about to give this one a 10/10 but had some slight razor burn on the neck swirl. Still an amazing close shave. Omega Jade is breaking in and feels good, but it is no where near as fast as the Galahad C3 IT broke in. I also had a slight struggle to get the Kai to seat properly on the center post, it was tight.

full

Razor: Mühle R41 w RRock HD handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Kensington SE Sovereign
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Soap: A&E Peach and Cognac 🍑

Pre shave: Kyle's Routine, La Toja 🇪🇸
Aftershave: RR The Dead Sea 💀
---
This R41 is an absolute delight. The heavy handle weight balances the razor and provides a perfect cut without requiring added pressure.
2 day growth was cleaned up perfectly without a single issue and the performance of Peach soap is superb.
---

2 pass shave, WTG, ATG -perfect shave
Rating: 10/10 BBS

I have been away for awhile and will post 4 shaves from photos I had previously taken but neglected to get on here and post. I am now playing catch up!

Pre Shave:
Wash face with with warm water.
Razor: Dscosmetic T7-SE.
Blade: Shark Super Chrome, shave #1.
Soap/Cream: RazoRock Classic Italian Shaving Soap.
Lather Method: Face lather.
Brush: Grizzly Bay (Le Feu D'or), 26mm with G5C knot.
Post Shave: Rinse with warm water.
Rating: 9/10.

Dscosmetic T7-SE and Shark Super Chrome. Soap was RazoRock's Classic Italian, paired up with my Grizzly Bay with G5C knot. Such a gorgeous brush. John Williams sure does outstanding work! Lather was loaded on the brush and I went for a face lather. Didn't take long at all and I was ready to go with my regular two pass shave, a WTG and an XTG. The Shark Super Chrome did what it does, removing any sign of stubble with zero effort whatsoever, leaving me very soft and smooth afterwards. Face was then rinsed, and I applied Olay moisturizing lotion to hydrate.

12-Apr-2024.jpg

Pre Shave: Wash face with with warm water.
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum, shave #1.
Brush: West Coast Shaving Beacon with pure Badger.

Dscosmetic T7-SE and a new Parker Premium Platinum blade. Once again choosing RazoRock's Classic Italian soap, paired with the West Coast Shaving Beacon brush with a pure Badger knot. Every time I use this brush I am astonished by just how well it works. Just the right amount of scrub, and produces more than enough lather with every soap I throw at it. Lather was then applied and the shave consisted of two passes, a WTG and an XTG. The Parker Premium Platinum removed every trace of stubble with ease, leaving me feel like a million bucks! Face was then rinsed and chose Olay moisturizing lotion to make me soft.

27-Apr-2024.jpg

Blade: Parker Premium Platinum, shave #2.
Brush: Zenith 507N unbleached boar bristle.

Dscosmetic T7-SE and a Parker's Premium Platinum blade. You guessed it! RazoRock's Classic Italian soap as I can't get enough of the cherry scent, pairing up with my new Zenith 507N unbleached boar. This brush... what can once say about this brush... backbone. Lots and lots and LOTS of backbone! There is significantly more backbone in the Zenith boar when compared to my Semogue Taj boar. I had already soaked the brush for about 12 hours prior to first use, but can tell it will require more soaking and working it in in order to get it where it'll make a nice lather. Today's lather (the 29th) did not fare so well, with the brush eating up the soap, regardless of adding more water and working it in every direction, up down circular, whatever. It remained almost latherless, though it was functional, which to me shows just how good of a soap the Razorock line is. Sideburns were cleared and I did a two pass shave, WTG and XTG, leaving me very smooth in the end. Rinsing and applying Olay moisturizing lotion.

29-Apr-2024.jpg

Razor: Razorock Mamba 70.
Blade: Gillette Nacet, shave #1.
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co., Naked & Smooth.
Brush: Zenith 507 BC bleached boar.

Razorock Mamba 70, paired with the Gillette Nacet. This is a blade I have been shying away from due to our 'unfavourable' history together. Having used the Nacet many times in the past (though this was 7-8 months ago), it would always leave me with many very tiny weepers requiring me to use alum nearly all over to stop the bleeding. At the time, I chalked it up to the blade being far too vicious for me. Realizing I had ordered 200 of them, I thought to myself, what am I going to do with all of these? So lo and behold, I decided to give them another go, and in the end I am most certainly glade I did. Today's brush was the Zenith 507 BC bleached boar. Unlike it's black unbleached counterpart, I had been able to soak this one a little longer prior to using, as well as had more opportunity to work it in and soften up the bristles. It still requires more work, and is currently soaking for another 24 hours, and I will repeat this process several more times until I get it where I enjoy it. Soap was the Stirling Soap Co., Naked & Smooth, which along with the Zenith created some form of lather. Again, the brush needs working in to really perform how it was meant to do. It is nothing like the Semogue at this time, but I have no doubt it will be in time. I went with my usual two pass shave, WTG and XTG. Runways were cleared, I was ready. Lining up the razor, I went for the first sweep.... and the Gillette Nacet performed flawlessly. It was smooth, it was clean, it was nice. There was no pulling, no tugging, no nicks, weepers. It gave me a very nice shave, up on par with the Wilkinson Sword, Gillette Silver blues and Astra Green blades. The Astra Greens were another one I had left for a long time as they too were a little too wild for me (I was inexperienced). With the shave complete, I rinsed and applied Stirling Coconut Lime post shave balm to smell like a tropical island and provide some awesome hydration.

01-May-2024.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom