What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

First pass with Panasonic washable beard trimmer
Brush Shavemac 24 mm bulb two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Soap Fine Classic Tallow Lavender Pour Homme
Razor Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / @Rosseforp GTB 14mm x 80mm x 19.2grams
Blade Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (10)
splash Fine Lavender Pour Homme
Frag Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge

DFS+ 9.7 One weeper under my nose that was persistent. Otherwise a great shave.

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Aluminum Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bay Rum
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Maggard's Dark Blue Handle AP Shave Co 24mm Titanium Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Stirling Bay Rum
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, two weepers, no cuts or irritation. Re-opened yesterday's weepers but still a very good shave

Monday Morning Bristle Eradication

Rating: 9.8/10 SUPERB !!

My very first Valet razor. A run of the Mill VC2 that sat around in a box for years until I decided to take the SE plunge and order some GEM blades. I zipped off the two tabs on the inside of the keeper and despined a Gem blade and Voila - I was hooked.

Valet AutoStrop VC2 - Modified
Gem SS PTFE Blade (9X)
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Frank Shaving G5 Black Knot
Citrus Musk Splash On
L T Piver Lotion Pompeia

C77C97E5-B04A-42B6-9762-8F731E9FF1CA-compressed.jpeg

I washed my face and beard with some Dead Sea Mud soap and then moisturized with cocoa butter. I have a bag full of various size chunks - hard as a rock but body temp melts it into your skin and whiskers. Lathered up some A&E Choco Cubano and had a glorious shave with a Treet Platinum and the Game Changer. The A&E soap has HA and Emu oil in it but I moisturize after the shave with more HA and Emu oil. Face really feels terrific!
1713799874784.png

Monday, April 22, 2024

Hardware
RazorRazoRock Game Changer 0.68P
BladeDerby Extra [2]
BrushOmega 10049

Software
PreThayer's Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherCella Red [12]
PostGabel's Sta-Cool

Rating
7 / 10

Notes
Very nice shave this morning between Cella and the GC. The Sta-Cool is nice and minty, though I'm feeling pretty dried out, now, after a couple of hours.

Monday morning shave:

Pre-Shave
Warm Shower; Cube 2.0
Soap/Cream
Zinghari Man Nomad (Sweet Bay, Lime, Rum)
Brush
Semogue OC Badger
Razor
RazoRock Gamechanger .84-P
Blade
Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (1)
Aftershave
Cold water rinse; Thayer's WH; Trumpers Lime Skin Food; Pinaud Citrus Musk
Fragrance
Rating
8.5/10
Comments
Three-day growth.

Wonderful lather with Zinghari Man. Nice and slick lather with it and the Cube. No blade feel as I'm going along and then I get a nick, right next to my Adam's Apple. Just not paying close enough attention and got bit.

Three passes and one clean up.

1 nick.
No cuts.
No irritation.

DFS

Cheers!

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Back to Week 1 of my 8-Week Rotation.

Today it was the Blackland Vector (SS) with a Feather AC Pro blade. Used a Zenith 507 Big Boar with Vitos Red + Coco. Finished with Dickinson's Original and Skin Bracer.

10/10. Beautiful, comfortable, smooth DFS+. Funny how I don’t miss last week’s razor any more.

Cheers, all!

IMG_5354.jpeg

20240421_090816.jpg

Razor: Gem Push-Button Gold
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Made-Rite 500PB, Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth Black Watch
Aftershave: Seaforth! Black Watch Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Ten

setup.jpg

Date 🗓️
2024-04-22

Hardware 🪒
 Razor — Mühle Rocca R96
 Blade — Mühle Blade (1)
 Brush — Yaqi Black Marble Plissoft 24mm
 Bowl — Pearl shaving bowl

Software 🧴
 Soap — Trigodon Wild Seas
 Aftershave — Anherb Sandalwood

Process 💈
 Hair — 11 day stubble
 Prep — Cold shower
 Lather — Bowl lathering
 Passes — 3 (WTG, XTG, XTG + buffing)
 Post — Rinse with cold water from fridge, aftershave

Verdict ⚖️
 Result — DFS+
 Rating — 8.5/10

Notes 📝
First shave with the included Mühle blade. Among the blades I've used, this is by far the smoothest. What a fantastically close shave with 3 passes. Some overzealous buffing pushing closer to BBS (sorry! I can't stop myself!) which caused two small nicks on my neck, happened at the end trying ATG for the first time. My underhand technique isn't developed sufficiently for ATG (south to north) on the neck, so this was purely user error and no fault of the blade/razor. I feel blessed for being able to get the Rocca this early in my DE shaving journey. Overall, this was my closest, almost BBS level shave.

Peace x3 🙏

🪒🪒 SOTD April 22nd 2024 🪒🪒

MdC Monday

Hello friends

The week started with a beautiful Monday. Perfect for MdC Original with its aromas of Lavender, Mint and Rosemary. As always with it and the Semogue SOC Boar, an easy and abundant lather.

In honor of this week's SOTD theme, I chose the blade that was generously given to me by my dear @awk_m4 :vintage Polsilver. A special blade that combined extremely well with the Greencult 2.0 plate II. I finished with my favorite Pinaud, Classic Vanilla.

With us a genius, Charles Mingus in a tribute to another genius, Lester Young.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

8389237D-59FF-454A-91F3-17D9FB36933C.jpeg

IMG_6498.jpeg

Last edited:
Great record!
🪒🪒 SOTD April 22nd 2024 🪒🪒

MdC Monday

Hello friends

The week started with a beautiful Monday. Perfect for MdC Original with its aromas of Lavender, Mint and Rosemary. As always with it and the Semogue SOC Boar, an easy and abundant lather.

In honor of this week's SOTD theme, I chose the blade that was generously given to me by my dear @awk_m4 :vintage Polsilver. A special blade that combined extremely well with the Greencult 2.0 plate II. I finished with my favorite Pinaud, Classic Vanilla.

With us a genius, Charles Mingus in a tribute to another genius, Lester Young.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

View attachment 1834046
View attachment 1834047

Fourth shave with the Timeless Ti .68SB Matte.

Pre: Nivea face wash
Razor: Timeless Ti .68SB Matte with Crown handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Cream: Speick original cream
Brush: AP Shave 26mm SilkSmoke bulb
Bowl: Timeless
Aftershave: Burts Bees Witch Hazel & Aloe followed by Stirling balm.

Excellent DFS+ shave, 10/10. I also did a bit of chin and sideburn touch-up using an aluminum Shield Stomper with RR titanium Halo handle and Perma-Sharp (excellent combination).

Top Bottom