What's new

What did you hone today?

Back with my feet in solid ground. Just a touch up before a shave. Maybe a long overdue 🥃.
IMG_5065.jpeg

Yurii razor. It arrived with a small chip I couldn’t let it go like that. Went back to the 1K for the bevel but it just wasn’t working all that great. Spent more time on it than I thought would be necessary. So getting impatient I broke out the Shapton 500, that did it

Really didn’t want to go that low but….

After the chip was taken out it was pretty smooth sailing. Naniwa 1-3-5-8-12. To finish it was a beautiful butterscotch Arkansas stone.

Shave test next but there’s no doubt it’ll be a nice one.

IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg

All caught up, well until the next set of razors arrive.
Mana 5k to Dilucot on new/old Coti, Boker went from Coti to Le Rickslate Hone.

The other two got full progression to 12k Geo on Tam’O and the 7/8 Nestor on Vermont Slate. Use 3-1 penetrating oil on the Tam’O and slates.

IMG_5116.jpeg

I'm on a bit of a roll atm (if I do say so myself)!

Honed this old 1/4 hollow Joseph Rogers in the same manner as the last razor I did; starting on synths with more bench honing than hand, moving to naturals, 'dilucot', with more hand than bench. And again a completely perfect HHT 5 straight off the bat.

King 800 > Naniwa 'Falcon' 4k > Dragon's Tongue > Nantlle Valley (combi, pictured).

View attachment 1815058

View attachment 1815059
I'm just gonna call this the FOMO thread, mmmkay?

Friodur 17. Tried a JNat combo for the first time, now that I have a decent idea of what each stone is capable of. Started with a tomo slurry on the Awasedo tamagoiro and went down to almost water. Then made a mikawa slurry on the Iromono kiita and worked all the way down to water before finishing with some light laps on a little lather. HHT was sensational along the edge. Shave tomorrow morning will be fun.

friodur-jnats.jpg

Top Bottom