What's new

what are you pairing with thanksgiving dinner?

Since there really isn't a perfect wine that pairs with everything on the traditional Thanksgiving table, there are a lot of options. I think I'm going to go with a bottle of Pinor Noir from Domaine Drouhin in Oregon. Had it a couple years ago with dinner and it was a great match. I also think a good sparkling wine might work well too.

What say you? Wine? Beer? Cocktails? All of the above?

Ben

Last edited:
We are going to down a bottle of saki with our traditional Thanksgiving Sushi feast :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

Heading to the Inlaws' for a typical Thanksgiving experiance. 34 people in a 1100sqft house. Christmas Vacation Turkey plus some Ham Jerky. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel in a flask. The only way to make it through the day!

Heading to the Inlaws' for a typical Thanksgiving experiance. 34 people in a 1100sqft house. Christmas Vacation Turkey plus some Ham Jerky. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel in a flask. The only way to make it through the day!

I agree bourbon is the way to get through the entire month and a half around the holidays, but if your looking for a good wine, I think Cotes du Rhone works well or maybe a Syrah. It truly depends on your own palate though. Pinot Noir is a pretty popular wine for this time of year so if you are leaning toward that, I say go for it.

I go to the 'rents house for T-Day. My dad always gets Beaujolais Nouveau to eat with dinner. I really liked last years. I hope this year is good too.

The wife and I will be at my parents.

I'm bringing a couple bombers (750 ml) of St Bernardus ABT 12 to drink with dinner.

If I'm going to get gluttonous, I'm not going to mess around.

Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist for dessert on the porch.

We are going to down a bottle of saki with our traditional Thanksgiving Sushi feast :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

Off topic here, but that is some very pretty figured maple on your countertop there. I assume that's real wood?

On topic, sushi and saki sounds like a pretty nice feast.

Not being American, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but we drank a great bottle of sparkling shiraz with duck on Sunday. Just sayin'.

For me it will likely be one of the local Lodi Appelation zins. I really like Michael David Earthquake zin or Jesse's Grove Old Vine zin. But once I get my Turkey High going its gonna be me and a hipster (200ml) of Bulleit Bourbon ridin the couch while the kids run amok.

-Xander

I tend to go with the easy picks of Reislings and Pinot Noir's (Oregon ones preferably!) My local liquor store had a number of Oregon Pinot's for very reasonable prices.

I've always like a fresh beaujolais nouveau with Thanksgiving. They arrive aroung the same time and pair up nicely.

Top Bottom