What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

Planning a KY bourbon trip in October with some buddies, and one of the guys put together a blind tasting yesterday to get everyone fired up for it. Good times, although it made me realize that touring through 3 or 4 distilleries in one day is going to be rooouuugh

View attachment 1837437
Was there a consensus preference?? The Maker's Cask Strength looks like a strong possibility.

Looking forward to your vacation slides!

Was there a consensus preference?? The Maker's Cask Strength looks like a strong possibility.

Looking forward to your vacation slides!
The Makers cask was actually disappointing to be honest. Not enough flavor profile, the heat overwhelmed everything unfortunately.
Surprisingly the WT 101 was the majority favorite. It was an old bottle though, about 15 years but unopened. The Heaven Hill was also a good one, and the Michter’s sour mash was a really interesting outlier to the others. I think those were the top 3.
But yeah it was definitely fun to do and get in the mood for the trip (even though it’s a ways out). We have a tentative list of places/activities but haven’t booked anything yet, so I’d you’ve been and have any suggestions I am all ears!!

The Makers cask was actually disappointing to be honest. Not enough flavor profile, the heat overwhelmed everything unfortunately.
Surprisingly the WT 101 was the majority favorite. It was an old bottle though, about 15 years but unopened. The Heaven Hill was also a good one, and the Michter’s sour mash was a really interesting outlier to the others. I think those were the top 3.
But yeah it was definitely fun to do and get in the mood for the trip (even though it’s a ways out). We have a tentative list of places/activities but haven’t booked anything yet, so I’d you’ve been and have any suggestions I am all ears!!
Quick link:
Memorable trip!!

1714420376207.jpeg

Old Fashioned. I live in Wisconsin. I did not make the right kind, according to everyone in this state.

1 sugar cube, muddled in 2 dashes angostura bitters
2 Oz Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star bourbon
Stirred in a rocks glass with a giant ice cube

Top Bottom