What's new

What are the LEAST favorite soap scents you've tried?

Curious to know if you could share -- brands and scents

Maybe we'll see a pattern here that broadly defines preferences

For me, oddly, it's most of the Haslingers aside from Sheep's Milk. I find them too synthetic, feminine or just plain weird smelling

Barrister and Mann has many polarizing scents. I play it safe with them and stick to Seville
The few samples I've gotten thus far haven't been great, but, their Nordost is awesome. I have a few more samples on the way right now from Maggard. I like the way their soap works overall so hoping I can find at least one more scent

The few samples I've gotten thus far haven't been great, but, their Nordost is awesome. I have a few more samples on the way right now from Maggard. I like the way their soap works overall so hoping I can find at least one more scent
Nordost sounds really intriguing to me because I really like citrus. I heard it's just straight up orange

I'm a biiig fan of Stirling soap, but to this day I couldn't tell you what I was thinking when I tacked on a sample of their (anise scented) Black Ice. I hated it before it before it was unwrapped.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Noble Otter Batters Up, it’s whack. Mrs. Raven thinks somethings wrong with it, could be right. Performance is good, but that smell. I‘m two shaves in and trying to figure things out. It’s like seeing something gruesome and you can’t avert your eyes, I keep going back to the puck to smell if things get any better…they don’t. I‘m not prone to stunt shaving, so I just might punt this down the road, maybe.

Noble Otter Batters Up, it’s whack. Mrs. Raven thinks somethings wrong with it, could be right. Performance is good, but that smell. I‘m two shaves in and trying to figure things out. It’s like seeing something gruesome and you can’t avert your eyes, I keep going back to the puck to smell if things get any better…they don’t. I‘m not prone to stunt shaving, so I just might punt this down the road, maybe.
I had to go look it up. They jumped the shark on that one. I see leather frequently as a scent. I don't understand. Hey, maybe people dig leather as a smell, but doesn't do anything for me, and esp. seems wrong for shaving soap. But that's just me.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I had to go look it up. They jumped the shark on that one. I see leather frequently as a scent. I don't understand. Hey, maybe people dig leather as a smell, but doesn't do anything for me, and esp. seems wrong for shaving soap. But that's just me.
I’m cool with leather. This is like a leather factory that burned down, and they poured tar on it to douse the flames. Then swept all that smouldering goodness up and packaged it as soap. So ya, it’s funky.

I’m cool with leather. This is like a leather factory that burned down, and they poured tar on it to douse the flames. Then swept all that smouldering goodness up and packaged it as soap. So ya, it’s funky.
wack is the appropriate term for this, then

Top Bottom