What's new

Wet shaving is burning a hole in my pocket!

Ordered my 7th razor in last two months (Merkur 34C, Merkur Futur, Razorock Stealth Slant, Mule R41, Razorock Rake, Maggard MR5) and the last one is the most damaging. I just ordered Above The Tie Slant combo pack with Atlas handle.

Ordered Semogue SOC, Semogue 2000, Mule Slivetip Synthetic, Edwin Jagger Super Badger shaving brushes.

Add to that : all these soaps (Catie's Bubble LTV and LPV; HTGAM/Phoneix Bayrum and Coconut, Cavendish, Beach; Razorock XXX, Zi peppino, Razorock and Above The Tie Orange Blossom and Jasmine).

Not mentioning preshave oils, aftershaves, and blades.

On top of all huge shipping cost to India!

Please suggest a way, so that I get rid of the addiction :(

My usual counsel is to consider the $150-$200us you save on DE blades vs cartridges, but you may be beyond help. What the world needs is a good $5 badger

That is not something any of us can help you with. If you're serious about it, YOU will have to change your purchase behaviour.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Are you kidding? You don't mention purchasing any Pelikan fountain pens. Have you been to the nib yet? How about Alden shoes? We're just starting to save you money. Hold on to your hat!

Only a suggestion, put your money in a savings account, and your credit card in a long forgotten draw, sell all the razors soaps etc. and pick one of each of your favorite razor, blade, soap etc. But knowing how we love our razors and such, we cant stop buying, as soon as we see a new soap or razor we have to have it. So when your past 1 razor, 1 brush, 1 soap, 1 mug, your hooked. So the only thing you can do is get a second job to support your love of a great morning shave.

Hah just wait until you decide to jump into the vintage razors. Then you can really kiss your money goodbye and fast!

Honestly, it starts to slow down if you're not into duplicates. The more artisan soaps I try, the more it helps sculpt my overall preference in soaps. Same with vintage Gillettes. The only razor I have duplicates of is the NEW LC, and that's because I'm trying to find the best replate candidate. As long as you're not hoarding, there can be some semblance of a finish line.

Thank you!!!

I now feel much better with my two razors, a boar brush and two soaps!! :)

Enjoy your new accessories

It slows down after a couple of years, by which point you've worked out your preferences. You might even end up in a net profit in any given year, if you start selling the pieces you've sidelined...

Top Bottom