What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

This one today. Off to lunch.

proxy.php

I received a black faced Seiko SNK809 as a gift and decided to try making a bund strap for it so it'd look a bit larger when worn. I think it turned out well for my first attempt. I looked a couple of photos online and then just free hand drew it out and made it all from double sided 3oz veg tan leather. I reused the buckle that comes with the junky nylon strap.

I'm having fun teaching myself some new subtle tricks to making the straps each time I make a new one. The only downside of this one was that it turned out to be slightly too long due to an overestimation of how much length the bund pad would add once it was on my wrist. It works though and I can always make another receiving end of the strap just a bit shorter. This is surprisingly comfortable and the desired effect of making the watch appear to be bigger than it is, worked.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is my Atomic Clock Radio controlled Citizen Eco-drive:

$L1030024.jpg

I have two Rolex (Sea Dweller and Daytona) watches and an Omega (Speedmaster) but I wear the Citizen most. I just can't get over the fact that I have atomic time +/- a small fraction of a second on my wrist all the time and it synchronizes with Boulder, CO every night at 2:00 am.

This does not really fall into the same class as the fine watches posted here but it's what I'm currently wearing.

$FullSizeRender.jpg

Yeah, a FitBit. Style-less and soul-less. I've been using this for about a month. I find the fitness and HR tracking interesting and at times useful but the rubber strap is uncomfortable and this is not what I would consider stylish or classy. I will tolerate this for a while longer but I can see myself switching back to a 'real' watch in the near future.

Top Bottom