What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Vintage Tissot Automatic today.

$tissot.jpg

Austin, often the nice vintage watches that you post appear larger on the wrist than I would expect from watches of that era. They look like they are more modern sizes like 40 mm. What is the size of this nice Tissot?

This one is 34mm w/o the crown. Depending on the design, some wear larger on the wrist than you would expect. My wrist is 7.25". I find this true with vintage Tissot and Omegas. Most of these vintage Tissot are rebranded Omegas.

This was my mother's wedding gift to my father in the late '50s, purchased at a military base PX in Chateauroux. It had been lying dead in a drawer with a broken stem until I mooched it to refurb for his Father's Day gift this year. He refused the gift, saying it was to be mine someday and he would never wear it.

Last edited:
This was my mother's wedding gift to my father in the late '50s, purchased at a military base PX in Chateauroux. It had been lying dead in a drawer with a broken stem until I mooched it to refurb for his Father's Day gift this year. He refused the gift, saying it was to be mine someday and he would never wear it.

A very nice piece indeed, and a cool story, too.

Top Bottom