What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

I think it would look better with a black leather strap.

Zales is bringing in the one with the stainless band but they do have one with the leather strap. It is way cheaper not that it matters. $2000.00 is what i was looking to spend. By the looks of it both leather and stainless bands are popular.

Zales is bringing in the one with the stainless band but they do have one with the leather strap. It is way cheaper not that it matters. $2000.00 is what i was looking to spend. By the looks of it both leather and stainless bands are popular.

If you plan on wearing it casually, either one is fine. If you plan on wearing it with a suit then I would go with the leather strap. Just my opinion of course

What movement is in it for your $2000.00 investment?

Personally, no I would not spend a ton of money on a quartz but it's your money so spend it on what you want. For 2k you could certianly purchase something classy with a quality automatic movement that could become an heirloom.

$2000 for a watch with a quartz movement disagrees with me.

I'm sure many would disagree but I would not be comfortable spending over $100 for a quartz watch even if it was a prestigous swiss brand.

I had reluctanly bought my wife a quartz Michelle watch (apparently all the rage) for $600.

Thankfully she decided to return it and I got her a Raymond Weil with an ETA movement, sapphire crystal, and sapphire display back for $700.

Still many might argue that the Raymond Weil is little more than a fashion watch with a stock ETA movement but I find it infinitely more pleasing than a piece of trendy bling with a quartz movement of unknown origin.

Kemmner Flieger

Attachments

• $P1010525.jpg
    $P1010525.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 259
$2000 for a watch with a quartz movement disagrees with me.

I'm sure many would disagree but I would not be comfortable spending over $100 for a quartz watch even if it was a prestigous swiss brand.

I had reluctanly bought my wife a quartz Michelle watch (apparently all the rage) for $600.

Thankfully she decided to return it and I got her a Raymond Weil with an ETA movement, sapphire crystal, and sapphire display back for $700.

Still many might argue that the Raymond Weil is little more than a fashion watch with a stock ETA movement but I find it infinitely more pleasing than a piece of trendy bling with a quartz movement of unknown origin.

Many TAGs, Omegas and Breitlings, even Rolex, though far more rare than the other brands, all have models with quartz movements in them (especially Breitling), and all are very expensive. They all have different names for them but they all come down to a quartz movement. I do agree with you to a certain extent, I wouldnt pay more than $500 for a quartz, but I dont feel there is anything wrong with one. Ive had the same citizen for 14 years now and it hasnt missed a beat. It really just comes down to what you want.

There's nothing wrong with quartz. But many of the high end quartz watches can use cheap movements that are no better than what you get in a much lesser expensive watch. You are paying lots of money for the prestige of the name. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a quartz watch either but if you do want quartz there are many very nice watches under that price point. Movado is not a favorite on the watch forums and you can get a much better watch for that kind of money.

I may as well chime in here as well. $2000 for a Movado quartz is madness. While the Movado is a classic, it also looks pretty dated to the 80's when it first hit the scene. As for quartz in general, to me they are not real watches, just electric ocsillators with hands attached. For the kind of money you are talking about there are some really nice hamiltons out there with ETA movements. For that kind of money, you can get a COSC certified Christopher Ward, and still have money left over.

Here is a jumping hour that is pretty nice:

http://www.christopherward-usa.com/men/dress/c9-jh/c9-jh-sstr.html

Top Bottom