What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Andrew, I like the strap. Didn't you have a metal bracelet as well? I ask because I have been looking for a second strap myself. I just can't make up my mind. Do you have a picture you could post with the bracelet?

Here you go Rich. It's a watchadoo bracelet.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The B&B watch really pops with a dark navy band.
I also have the bracelet that Andrew is showing and its a really nice value and is just right with the watch.

Now that's a classic! Is that 32 or 33mm?

No idea and I don't have a ruler close :confused1

it was my grandfathers 18th birthday present and he himself was a watchsmith. He wore that every day until his fingers got too arthritic to fix it in the late 90s then he wore a Waltham of some sort which I also have along with another couple of wristwathes of his and a few much older family engraved pocketwatches that have been passed down.

I don't really know much about watches, I do like them - usually prefer simpler ones and smaller/slimmer as I have girly sized wrists :mad3: Some great ones in this thread :thumbup1:

Here's another couple I wear in rotation - need wound though. The waltham and a Zenith from his shop that had never been used until I started wearing it. I don't suppose you know anything about them? I've not really looked too hard myself though :D I probably should

proxy.php

Getat it is.

What's the deal with these watches? I've never heard of them.

I Google'd after I saw your watch. These are beautiful watches that look a lot like Panerais. Couldn't believe the price was below a hundred bucks!

Are they good watches? Do you wind them, or do you have to have a winder?

(Sorry for all the questions.):blushing:

No idea and I don't have a ruler close :confused1

it was my grandfathers 18th birthday present and he himself was a watchsmith. He wore that every day until his fingers got too arthritic to fix it in the late 90s then he wore a Waltham of some sort which I also have along with another couple of wristwathes of his and a few much older family engraved pocketwatches that have been passed down.

I don't really know much about watches, I do like them - usually prefer simpler ones and smaller/slimmer as I have girly sized wrists :mad3: Some great ones in this thread :thumbup1:

Great story, great watch. That is something to be proud of :thumbup1:

What's the deal with these watches? I've never heard of them.

I Google'd after I saw your watch. These are beautiful watches that look a lot like Panerais. Couldn't believe the price was below a hundred bucks!

Are they good watches? Do you wind them, or do you have to have a winder?

(Sorry for all the questions.):blushing:

Getat is a Chinese watch company that doesn't quite make replicas of Panerai, but its really close in my mind to stealing their "DNA" (they don't actually put the brand name on it). Some call it an 'homage' but is stealing something and calling it borrowed make it right? I guess no huge issue for those who don't profit off of the likeness or present it as such.

FWIW I've read that Officine Panerai owns the rights to "Marina Militare"...

Here's another couple I wear in rotation - need wound though. The waltham and a Zenith from his shop that had never been used until I started wearing it. I don't suppose you know anything about them? I've not really looked too hard myself though :D I probably should

proxy.php

Zenith is a great Swiss brand. They are in demand and commanding prices north of $1K for excellent condition specimens. Your watch is probably from the 60's. It's a keeper. Here is a recent thread on Zenith.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=1641709&rid=0#msg_5668516

The Waltham is more than likely from the 30's. It looks great.

My new Seiko arrived today. It is a SKZ245K1 Seiko 5 Automatic Dive Watch Blue Dial. It is HEAVY but I like it it feels like it will stand the test of time and can double as a slap jack LOL
For all those waiting on the eye candy keep in mind it is a stock photo as I am a poor potographer.

proxy.php

Seiko Black Monster for me (image not my own). I alternate between the rubber strap and the stainless bracelet.

Cheers!

Top Bottom