What's new

Was Feeling Nostalgic

I live and work in Manhattan and the famous Pasteur Pharmacy is just a few minutes from the office. A few weeks ago I bought a new stainless Supply Razor from a friend who just couldn’t figure it out. Fantastic razor! So I bought an Omega 11137 brush for $10 bucks and Proraso Red cream and pre-shave and went to town. My girlfriend laughing the whole time.

What a fantastic shave, seven days of a heavy Italian beard quickly into the NYC sewer system.

My grandfather was 💯 right on the brush. But I definitely prefer the boar hair brush.

Cheers!

Attachments

• A4107842-3D36-4D7E-838C-B36B3E56BCC7.jpeg
    A4107842-3D36-4D7E-838C-B36B3E56BCC7.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 12
Just because we live to enable here, the newest version of the Supply Co razor has cleared funding on Kickstarter. Don't worry, you have until Feb to save your pennies... :w00t:

Just because we live to enable here, the newest version of the Supply Co razor has cleared funding on Kickstarter. Don't worry, you have until Feb to save your pennies... :w00t:
I saw but I am more interested in the Feather for Supply Razor blades. The new one is adjustable I think. I am in the fund business and I cannot understand why that company doesn’t get some real backing.

I saw but I am more interested in the Feather for Supply Razor blades. The new one is adjustable I think. I am in the fund business and I cannot understand why that company doesn’t get some real backing.
I am not certain they are feathers. I know they are made in Japan, but currently the Prolines are the only injector blades made there. I assumed they bought them in bulk to repack in proper injectors, but if you have more information I would like to hear it. I backed the adjustable, but there is also another that is an evolution of their current design. They just released a video discussing their progress.

On the funding end, they got something like 20 times their goal. Clearly people believe in them. Maybe they just want to stay small and in control? Maybe they need some advice? Hard to say.

Dunno but at this stage these guys need real capital and real developmental expertise. The razor is excellent though. I will gladly look at the new one when it is for sale. I got the SS used once for $30.

Dunno but at this stage these guys need real capital and real developmental expertise. The razor is excellent though. I will gladly look at the new one when it is for sale. I got the SS used once for $30.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean. It’s a small company that has proven to be successful at developing a solid product and a company behind it. They have chosen to reach out to consumers instead of being beholden to VC or a bank. I think that’s a smart bet on their part unless I’m missing something.

Top Bottom