What's new

Vintage Avon find

Got these two 1970's Avon aftershaves. One is "captains choice spicy" and the other is the Mexican counter part "Tesoro nautical". They are in the exact same bottles, but smell quite different. I didn't even know there was a Mexican Avon. $image.jpg

1999 doesn't seem that long ago, but it is 16 years! Just picked this up today at a garage sale. Avon 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang decanter Mesmerize Aftershave dated 1999.$IMG_0967.jpg

It doesn't linger because it never did, in my opinion. On a side note, Oland is supposedly the only vintage Avon that can go bad, so I've been told to only buy it if you get to sniff it. So don't buy it on eBay. I've got a Bishop filled with Blend 7, which I'm addicted to, lol.

I sampled Aramis in a department store after not smelling it for probably a few decades, and to my nose Oland and Aramis are on the same scent continuum..

If Wild Country is Avon's shot at Clubman, then Mesmerize is their take on Clubman Vanilla. So my point is, if you like Clubman Vanilla and see the aftershave cheap, you might want to try it..

Last edited:
hahaha I still have 2 bottles of Mesmerize aftershave. But I did pick up these today
$Avon friktion.jpg
Avon Friktion aftershave and talc

$avon spicy.jpg

And Avon Spicy
I must say I like both. But have to try them to see if they have the staying power.

Congrats! Mesmerize is one I still haven't found. Also I usually see that mustang in blue, looks nice in clear too.:thumbup1:

Congrats to you too Ice Man, I've never even heard of Friktion. Spicy is my favorite, but I thought it was yellow in color.

I have the exact same bottle, it's older than the special shaped bottles. It should definitely be brownish. I also have emptied all of my special shaped bottles into larger clear jugs for consolidation. All spicy I have come across is a brownish color. I really do not see how that could be spicy.

Top Bottom