What's new

Vanishing Point nibs

I traded out a Feather AC for a pilot VP that I absolutely love, the pen is one of the smoothest I've used. The only thing is I tend to have a tight almost cramped writing style and this one came with the medium nib. I was able to pick up a fine nib today for an absolute steal, IMO, I'm sure that I will like it better but I'm worried that making it "dryer" by making it finer will make it less smooth. Am I just stressing over nothing? Still too new at this nib thing lol

Depends on the nib. They will vary slightly from nib to nib. I have only used a fine nib in my VP. It is very fine. It is on the drier side but still writes nice and much nicer than any disposable roller ball or gel pen. It also is mire forgiving on cheaper paper in terms of feathering and smudging. Still plenty wet but forgiving on cheap paper at work.

I think there is only one way too find out, and there is very good news ! Try it.... that simple. If you don't like the feel I'm, not familiar with Pilot VP pens...but can you adjust your feed ? that is one option, the second is re-install the original nib....either way you win. Just my thought process and .02 Good luck, and happy writing !

I've never used a VP but Pilot knows what they're doing with their fine nibs. In steel and in 14k, they're smooth. Only my EF Falcon is a bit scratchy but even that is as smooth as you can make an EF nib I believe.

It also depends a lot on the ink.

The VP I have is a medium and I find it writes rather wet.
I've had good luck with the Pilot Iroshizuku ink in it.

I'm a bit curious now how the fine nib would be.

The fine nib came to my mailbox today, it is just as smooth as the medium, not as wet but still smooth and better for my cramped writing style. It's a very fine fine point, super tight lines. Have it inked with Noodlers and it writes amazing.

Top Bottom