What's new

Valentines Day

I've never had a girlfriend who cared for gifts on Valentine's Day. Seriously. Many of my girlfriends have been foreigners and the day is about spending time with those close to you. For most, that is with their spouse or those with whom they're involved but it doesn't necessarily mean getting a gift for the person. A card and flowers are a nice touch but the real constant is dinner. You better take her out or cook something special yourself. That's it.

This year we are staying in. I'll be cooking Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail. I bought her an iPod shuffle because "that's all she wants". This will be the first year that she isn't getting jewelry and chocolates. :lol: I also have some candles and scented bath oils stashed away. After our dinner she'll get a pampering that would rival the best spa!

This year we are staying in. I'll be cooking Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail. I bought her an iPod shuffle because "that's all she wants". This will be the first year that she isn't getting jewelry and chocolates. :lol: I also have some candles and scented bath oils stashed away. After our dinner she'll get a pampering that would rival the best spa!

Now that sounds awesome!

+1

But Mrs. Chip does like it when I get extra mushy every now and again, so I made reservations at a nice restaurant and promised I would be properly dressed up.

YOu forgot about the ring you let me pick out and the spa you are toloerating with me for almost 3 hours!:wink:

And how long have you been married? You should have known that from the very beginning, NEVER believe the "let's just do cards" trick.

Oh, but what did she get you?
I don't really do the card thing. Really and truly, ask Chip.

This is our first really expensive VDay. We planned it together so it is for both of us.

What would you guys like as gifts. It always seems that the men get left out on this day for extravagant gifts.
Let me rephrase this: What shaving things and non shaving things would you want. (Yes, I am taking recon for a few of my girls back home with new guys.)

What would you guys like as gifts. It always seems that the men get left out on this day for extravagant gifts.
Let me rephrase this: What shaving things and non shaving things would you want. (Yes, I am taking recon for a few of my girls back home with new guys.)

I like watches. There are some relatively inexpensive watches (under $300) that are very nice. Seiko makes some wonderful watches. I have had this http://www.epinions.com/review/Seiko_SKX781_K3_Wrist_Watch/content_234033811076 for four years now and I love it. Mine has the metal band. You can get it on Amazon with the metal band for $154.99.

One year for Christmas my wife got me a 30 minute massage session from a sports masseuse. It was heaven.

If their guys are into it, get them a manicure and a pedicure. I also have it good authority that getting a facial is nice. I had one years ago in the Philippines and it was pretty good. My little brother is in cosmetology school when they did facials on each other he told me, "run, don't walk and get a facial. It is amazing."

I pretty much do all of the cooking at my house. When my wife cooks for me I like it a lot!

I like nice pens, I have a couple and none of them cost more the $40, actually only one cost $40 the rest were around $20. Some day I will get a nice fountain pen but for now my off the shelf pens from Office Depot are great.

These are just a couple of ideas.

OK you guy's I want to teach you a life lesson..........two years ago about two weeks prior to Valentines Day my wife made a statement that we should just pass on the whole Valentines thing and maybe just exchange cards or something because in the past it was pretty much a jewelery holiday for me..cant go wrong with a nice pair of ear rings! So anyway it comes Valentines and she gets home from work and I hand her my lovely card and she looks around and well.............things got pretty ugly from there....anyway take advice from me do it well.....cuz it can be ugly!

Oh two days later I had diamond ear rings for her to cool things off!

Just remember the correct answer is secret answer C

Top Bottom