What's new

Vac 700 when ink bottle is low

So I'm going with the Vac 700 as my next pen, to be used for lecture notes due to its high ink capacity. It has me thinking, though, how do I fill this thing when my bottle of ink itself is low? For other pens I would just take off the converter and inject the last little bit of ink via syringe directly into the converter, but how would I do that for a vac filler, since it needs to maintain seals and all of that. And, yes, I'm one of those guys that wants to get every last drop he possibly can of ink before throwing the bottle out. My father taught me never to waste anything.

Can you use the final ml of ink in another pen whist moving on to a fresh bottle for the TWSBI? Another option which sounds too messy but might work is to remove the nib unit completely prior to filling.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

you could also screw out the nib and feed section and (very important to have the back screwed out if the shut off seal is in) inject it into the body with a syringe, or I think I have a video in the video section of a trick where you take a syringe leave a small gap of the plunger then suck up the ink into the body, and take the plunger right out so you have the ink in a smaller tube

here it is

Last edited by a moderator:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Doesn't TWSBI also offer that smaller travel inkpot, which you use inverted? I like the idea of gravity helping fill my pen instead of having to fight it.

I have that bottle and it works great. I believe that TWSBI is discontinuing the VAC 20 bottle and introducing something that will work with both the 700 and the vac mini when it comes out.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I went ahead and bought the Vac 20 bottle, the last orange top Amazon had, but I believe TWSBI still has them from their website.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Now that I have the Vac 20 (have yet to use it), I want to get the Diamond 50 as well, having both a Vac 700 and recently acquiring a 580 AL. Supposedly you can use the V20 cap on the D50 bottle. Does any one have both and tried that swap?

Vac 20 for sure. If you are changing colors a lot, it can be a pain, but I only use non peki in mine so I always have my vac 20 filled with it.

Top Bottom