What's new

Using Brush Box as Travel Case?

I got a new silver tip. I want to use my new shiny object, but I am traveling to a single location for a few days and didn't have time to get a travel case. I was wondering if any long time users think Macgyver'ing the box it came in would hold up? It's a thick construction paper.

What do you guys think?

1000006044.jpg

Attachments

• 20231226_152353.jpg
    20231226_152353.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 4
The key is to make sure the brush is dry regardless of the storage method. Even then, if the brush is synthetic, or will only in the container for a short time, it will be fine.

I like the TP tube idea for a quick and inexpensive container that protects the brush shape, which (to me) is the primary objective.

What's a stand? 😉

You can always go to a local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for a pill bottle that's big enough for your brush. Put holes in the lid and use it as a holder. If you have to hang your brush , some people use a rubber band around the base or take an old hanger and using one of the bottom corners bend it where it will hang on the bathroom mirror and wrap some tape around the cut metal end where the brush will hang..

I ended up bringing my stand, but I likely won't do that in the future. Too clunky to bring. I had to pack it separately. I mostly did it because I was sharing a bathroom and I was concerned my dad would mess with my stuff out of curiosity. I didn't want him to mess around with a rubber band on the towel rack and knock my brush down.

Sure enough, it was a safe hedge because he messed around with my Proraso cream and got it all over the counter. The cap was all gunked up and the tube was covered with unused cream. 🤣🤣🤣

The original cardboard case served well for the shaving brush. It seemed to keep it protected. I can't say whether the holes I punched in worked because I ended up not using the brush since the iron content in the water was super heavy.

I like the idea of the pill case. It comforts me that it is a hard protective case.

Top Bottom