What's new

Using a shave bowl!

Don't worry about a bowl being too large to hold in your hand, I've made the best lather ever by resting the bowl on a cloth on bottom of the bathroom sink. The cloth protects the sink and stops the bowl from sliding about, you can really lather the hell out of the soap or cream and whiz up a fab lather in seconds.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Excellent advice, but next time you do this, please take a picture for us to see your super lather. I use my scuttle now, so with the weight of the water in the scuttle, I sure as heck aint holding it up in the air while I lather, I just keep it on the sink, it don't really move around much because of the weight.

Now, when I bowl lather, then I hold the bowl while whipping, but I can see where your idea might be helpful. But since I like to practice what I preach, I will show you pictures of my bowl and scuttle with lather in them, this means you will have to now lol.

Caties Bubbles whipped up in my Captains Choice Cobalt Lather Bowl
proxy.php

Stirling Cherry Whipped Up In My Captains Choice Starry Night Scuttle
proxy.php

Excellent advice, but next time you do this, please take a picture for us to see your super lather. I use my scuttle now, so with the weight of the water in the scuttle, I sure as heck aint holding it up in the air while I lather, I just keep it on the sink, it don't really move around much because of the weight.

Now, when I bowl lather, then I hold the bowl while whipping, but I can see where your idea might be helpful. But since I like to practice what I preach, I will show you pictures of my bowl and scuttle with lather in them, this means you will have to now lol.

Caties Bubbles whipped up in my Captains Choice Cobalt Lather Bowl
proxy.php

Stirling Cherry Whipped Up In My Captains Choice Starry Night Scuttle
proxy.php
I bet that Black Cherry smells heavenly!!

I went and got a $2 small metal bowl from Walmart. It is the right size and depth for bowl lathering and it stays hot for the duration of the shave. Honestly though I only bowl lather when I use Cremo shave cream, most of the time I load straight from the soap container and face lather. I feel if I'm going to spend the time working a lather it might as well be on my face.

I used to face lather but got to like bowls more and more. I found too, that loading directly from the soap or cream deteriorated them . Now with herds soaps,, I smear a small amount over the bottom of the bowl. Even in my hard water, a tiny amount is needed. .

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I bet that Black Cherry smells heavenly!!

Ohhhhhh, it really does Butch Waxx! 😍 It literally was the first soap I tried from Stirling, and the first soap that made me fall in love with Stirling. Now, I can't imagine my life without Stirling soap in it. My new Stirling soaps of the Lemon variety come on the 7th according to tracking, so it will be nice to have those for this coming summer.

Don't worry about a bowl being too large to hold in your hand, I've made the best lather ever by resting the bowl on a cloth on bottom of the bathroom sink. The cloth protects the sink and stops the bowl from sliding about, you can really lather the hell out of the soap or cream and whiz up a fab lather in seconds.

I use a cork coaster, 'recovered' from the kitchen's trash, after the LOTH decided she didn't need it any more. You can see it under my lathering bowl in recent shave of the day posts.

I started face lathering a year or two ago and eliminated the whole bowl hassle and extra time spent getting lather on my face.
Long time face latherer here, for some reason (YouTube probably) I decided to switch to bowl lathering. My results were not bad, but last week gave the face lathering another go and the results for me were much, much better.

Now I have to find a use for these bowls that I bought ......

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Long time face latherer here, for some reason (YouTube probably) I decided to switch to bowl lathering. My results were not bad, but last week gave the face lathering another go and the results for me were much, much better.

Would you believe that I fill mine with warm water and soak my brush in all of mine? Then dip the tips in to rewet the lather as I face lather?

The sad thing is, it only took me about 5 YEARS to figure this out!

I might be my Mama's handsomest boy, but my brothers must be smarter...

Huh, Good thinkin', like it! 👍

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

What

What about oatmeal?

Reactions: tm3
Top Bottom