What's new

Update No Pipe for a while.....

MRI came back, tried injections, now surgery scheduled for Wed the 27th for lower back fusion in an area. (2) places where the nerve has no room, bone pushing on nerve. An odd Christmas present, really glad the Dr. put in a rush to get scheduled. I'll be watching the BL, just no puffing for a while.......Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

You will get through this. After the surgery it will hurt different, but you should see a reduction in your neurological symptoms over time.

Nerves are spiteful things. They take a while to get over the abuse they have been subjected to. Bones heal slowly, too.

You will likely have some immediate relief, but it will be months of incremental improvement before you get to your destination. Don't get discouraged during the process of healing.

And make sure you get moving on a regular basis as soon as possible. You need blood flow and to keep/build muscle tone to heal. But, don't do anything stupid. Adding an injury/damaging the correction is a bad thing.

/unsolicited advice

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I have to imagine that you are going to have a better 2024 than 2023.

And that's something good to look forward to.

Back surgery has improved dramatically in recent decades. I have a friend who just went in for multiple laminectomies, and was up and about, completely pain-free, and back to almost all his normal activities, in under a week. And he had it done at a fringe suburban hospital, and not one of the big "teaching" facilities in a major city.

That would have been unheard of in the 1970s and 80s.

You will get through this. After the surgery it will hurt different, but you should see a reduction in your neurological symptoms over time.

Nerves are spiteful things. They take a while to get over the abuse they have been subjected to. Bones heal slowly, too.

You will likely have some immediate relief, but it will be months of incremental improvement before you get to your destination. Don't get discouraged during the process of healing.

And make sure you get moving on a regular basis as soon as possible. You need blood flow and to keep/build muscle tone to heal. But, don't do anything stupid. Adding an injury/damaging the correction is a bad thing.

/unsolicited advice
Hope that's the plan. This nerve pain is the worst thing I've ever been through. Rarely lets up and when it does it's usually only for a few minutes then back full force. The hardest thing for me to understand has been what's hurting isn't the problem. All of the meds, hit and miss if they work, are a double edge sword but there isn't anything else to do, diversion, watching some craftsome type shows with no audio, pipe making, carpentry, starting a car that's been in the weeds for 30 years etc, has helped, really hard to focus on anything after a few weeks of constant pain. The most help, my wife who has done everything humanly possible for me, without her don't think I would be here typing this right now, So hopefully in 24 hours I going to trade for some pain that can be managed and has a light at the end of this long dark tunnel. And thanks to all of my B&B friends for their positive thoughts and prayers.

Top Bottom