What's new

Update 2 (no graphic pictures...)

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
So today was the day when the pins got pulled. The hurt is bad, very bad, but does not last too long. The longest pin in the thumb was pulled first and it hurt. Then the second pin from the wrist was pulled - second longest pin - it hurt like f.. hell. Last but not least, the shorty from the wrist was last: it was absolutely the worst of the three, pain I never have had before....was close to puking. But, after a couple of minutes the pain had subsided. Doctor said he had people pass out, faint, puke all over and women said giving birth was less painful ( I have no opinion for this last statement). But they are all out now and I have to go to PT for 2-3 months, three times a week. Had my fist just now.
The tool for the pulling is quite simple.....see it here or at Home Depot.
IMG_2698.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So today was the day when the pins got pulled. The hurt is bad, very bad, but does not last too long. The longest pin in the thumb was pulled first and it hurt. Then the second pin from the wrist was pulled - second longest pin - it hurt like f.. hell. Last but not least, the shorty from the wrist was last: it was absolutely the worst of the three, pain I never have had before....was close to puking. But, after a couple of minutes the pain had subsided. Doctor said he had people pass out, faint, puke all over and women said giving birth was less painful ( I have no opinion for this last statement). But they are all out now and I have to go to PT for 2-3 months, three times a week. Had my fist just now.
The tool for the pulling is quite simple.....see it here or at Home Depot.
View attachment 1578990
Wow, sad you had to put up with that my friend!

In my surgical rotation in nursing school I was amazed at how similar, sometimes exactly, the "tools" looked.

Here's to a happy time of PT...... Or at least tolerable!

Glad the pins came out okay and you're on the mend.

I broke my hand a few years ago and had three pins. They used some type of very basic off-the-shelf pliers to pull mine, too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What do they say? “Short term pain for long term gain”? Sounds like a total load of BS when you are having pins pulled out of your body, but I’m sure you will be glad you had the surgery after you are all healed up. 👍
Yes, I cannot imagine that pain, honestly. As a rehab nurse I treated a lot of people with pins and rods, and cleanliness is truly next to godliness. The fact that a piece of metal is coming out THROUGH THE SKIN should give us all pause. It's the perfect breeding ground for bacteria to enter the body.

And @Rudy Vey : good on you for obviously doing your part at home in the cleanliness department. If you are as diligent as I think you will be in Physical Therapy, you should be back at in the shop in no time. Keep up the amazing work my friend!

Wow, sad you had to put up with that my friend!

In my surgical rotation in nursing school I was amazed at how similar, sometimes exactly, the "tools" looked.

Here's to a happy time of PT...... Or at least tolerable!
All Stainless build and an Autoclave unless it’s single-use

Hey Rudy, I saw one of your amazing brushes posted today and thought of you. I hope you and your family had a great new year and the recovery is progressing.

Hang in there man!

Top Bottom