What's new

Unable to shave with safety razor *embarrassed*

View attachment 762771 View attachment 762772 Well, it's been about 2 years, I'm still loving DE shaving. In conjunction with Tend Skin my skin is doing really well.

Unfortunately, my razor broke the other day :(. But a replacement has arrived:

I'm glad you are still loving it. I'm quite early into it (a bit over a month now) and loving it, and finally starting to get a handle on it. Was that your only razor still? If so, man you need to spend more time on his forum and get inspired to buy more :D. Even if you don't, since them breaking like that doesn't seem to be uncommon, it probably won't hurt to buy a spare. For under $20 both Maggard and RazoRock (Italian Barber) sell what seems to be a well regarded and quality razor (the Maggard v3 head seems similar to the Merkur, the RazoRock Mission head seems to be similar to the Edwin Jagger). Move to the $25-35 range and you can pick up an EJ, Parker, or another Merkur as a spare.

BTW, since your issue was ingrown hairs that started you on this path, I have a friend who I am about to give a starter kit who has the same issue. Any product suggestions to go with the DE razor to help with ingrown hairs?

^ Ya, it was my only razor (that EJ), I'm thinking about picking up some vintage pieces though (in addition to the Merkur that just arrived). Unfortunately, I have lots of expensive hobbies: watches/guns/bee keeping/gardening/diving etc etc.

In terms of razors, I started off using Derbys as I was more interested in fighting in-growns than a super close shave. But these days, with my face doing so well, I just use feathers. The Tend skin has really helped (just wish is was cheaper).

Top Bottom