What's new

Two Wheel Enthusiasts?

Mankini, have you seen the 09 vmax? Supposed to have ridiculous hp numbers and the pricetag to go along with it; I've heard $17,000. looks pretty nice, though:

Steve

Steve, funny you should mention it I spent some time on the yamaha site this morning drooling over the specs and watching press release type video. Looks like tremendous improvements have been employed over past models. A lot of the mods folks (me too) have made have been taken into consideration. 17k, hmmm...

My oldest on my bike.

proxy.php

It's been a "shed bike" the last few years but I plan to shine it back up next spring . . . and sell it for enough to chop or restore another old basket case:

proxy.php

Riding's fun, but what I really like is messing about in the shop. :biggrin:

NANP™

It's been a "shed bike" the last few years but I plan to shine it back up next spring . . . and sell it for enough to chop or restore another old basket case:

proxy.php

NANP™

I would give my left nut to own that bike :tongue_sm

Cheers

Mat

I'm diggin the new Nightster. I've always had a thing for these types of stripped down roadsters. I found this one on the net, I'm definitely liking this:
proxy.php

This is my favorite bike of all time, and strangely, one that I've never owned.
proxy.php

Steve

proxy.php

NANP™

Thats a sweet cyclone. I really liked the styling of the old cyclones and lightenings. I also love the new speed triples; I was fortunate enough to ride the 1050 speed triple when it came out. I was very close to buying one :biggrin:

Speaking of Buell's, a friend rode the new 1125r on the track and he said that thing was incredible, a very competent track weapon. I think the older Buell's beat them on styling though. But, that Rotax motor may make up for the styling shortocomings.

Steve

Thanks. It was a 98 White lightning that I went a little nuts with. I was the parts manager of a HD- Buell Dalership at the time, so I had lots of resources to say the least. With a slick, a wheelie bar and nitrous it was a sub-10 second bike.....till the cases cracked.

Ahh...White Lightning, I liked those a lot. I wish they could have kept that same styling and threw the rotax in there. I also like the looks of the new Lightning. Now that Harley has purchased MV Agusta, maybe they can get the styling to make the performance on that new 1125.

Steve

Nice, Suzuki makes a great bike. My 2000 sv 650 has been my everyday transportation since I got it in 03. Runs like a top, all I have to do is change the oil once in a while and put gas in it. I loves it and can honestly say that while others come and go, I will probably always have an SV in the garage.
proxy.php

Steve

My oldest on my bike.

proxy.php

I've got to agree with you on the SV. I've got a 2003 SV650 that I used to ride daily in GA (even when it was 20 degrees out) and it performed flawlessly. Now I ride it to work when I can and get even better gas mileage because I'm doing much more highway riding. My neighbor just bought an SV1000S, and now the two bikes are sitting next to each other in our garage, like long lost brothers.

Lately I've become addicted to the Ducati Sport Classic. There's just something about a cafe racer that makes me smile. I'm afraid the SV might be getting replaced in the next year.

Lets see some pictures of that bad boy.

Steve

Thats the only one I could find:frown: I know I've got more somewhere, as soon as I come across them I'll post 'em. Its currently half torn down in my garage. I've got a p&p'd head that needs to go on, and I wanna powdercoat the frame and wheels black. Plus I wanna take off the rear sub-frame and chop it up 'til the tail section below fits:biggrin: The rest of that bodywork bolts right on, but the tail section will require some fabrication. The street fighter thing has been fun, but that bodywork captured my attention, and now I wanna see how it looks fully-faired and blacked out. Wish me luck:lol:

proxy.php

Top Bottom