What's new

Two bottles of Brut AS on Amazon for $5.94

$7 for one at Albertsons here, maybe $1 less for one at Walmart. Made in Mexico. Maybe strong like bool.
Is it this listing? Brut Classic After Shave Fragrance for Men 5 Oz (Pack of 2) https://a.co/d/hiS2jza

I haven’t tried Brut with that packaging, but what I find odd is that the label in the photo says “with aloe vera” but then aloe vera isn’t included in the ingredients list in the item description.

Some interesting things in the product description:

Product details​

• Is Discontinued By Manufacturer ‏ : ‎ No
  • Product Dimensions 6 x 6 x 10 inches; 10.1 Ounces
  • Item model number ‏ : ‎ AID-034B
  • Batteries 55 AAA batteries required.
  • UPC ‏ : 827755070115 631113273564
  • Manufacturer Quidsi
  • ASIN B00J5J2Z00
  • Country of Origin USA
That is one major load of........batteries?

Quidsi is/was an e-commerce platform acquired by Amazon in 2010. It operated Diapers.com among other website. Was under the impression that Amazon shut it down five or more years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Kix
Is it this listing? Brut Classic After Shave Fragrance for Men 5 Oz (Pack of 2) Amazon.com - https://a.co/d/hiS2jza

I haven’t tried Brut with that packaging, but what I find odd is that the label in the photo says “with aloe vera” but then aloe vera isn’t included in the ingredients list in the item description.
It would remind me of my elementary school principal, too mich.

BTW, AFAIK, whe sense of smell (olfactory system) does not pass through the thalamus to be routed to the cortex. Rather, scent is relayed directly to the limbic system, a region of the brain that has to do with memory and emotions. Thus, smells evoke strong emotions and memories. (My knowledge of anatomy is limited; I was a volunteer EMT, part of NYC EMS, for nearly 10 years (on and off depending on military service dates) beginning in 1999.)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

BTW, AFAIK, whe sense of smell (olfactory system) does not pass through the thalamus to be routed to the cortex. Rather, scent is relayed directly to the limbic system, a region of the brain that has to do with memory and emotions. Thus, smells evoke strong emotions and memories. (My knowledge of anatomy is limited; I was a volunteer EMT, part of NYC EMS, for nearly 10 years (on and off depending on military service dates) beginning in 1999.)
I think you are right, but I'm werkin' with a retired nurse's memory!

Lucky for me Brut reminds me of me Da, from well over 50 years ago.

In his drinking days I am nearly certain that he ran on at least 55 triple A batteries!

That's why the pine scent of Little Trees car freshener reminds me (actually transports me back) to the 1962 Corvair I had in 1971. I still buy it.

Top Bottom