What's new

Twelve days of Christmas- Straight razor roatation

I thought we needed a Twelve Days of Christmas rotation pic. Anyone else want to play? My first day I used a W. Pepys blade. It is probably my oldest blade.

Attachments

• $IMG_0332.jpg
    $IMG_0332.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 156
I thought we needed a Twelve Days of Christmas rotation pic. Anyone else want to play? My first day I used a W. Pepys blade. It is probably my oldest blade.

A nice idea, but of course we must surely start on 25th December?

I am not sufficiently talented but perhaps one of the clever ones hereabouts might be able to come up with a song based on the old tune?

"Five Gold(en) Dollars, four Wade & Butchers, three French wedges, two gleaming Pumas and a Heljestrand MK31"!

C.

I figure we have 12 days till Christmas, then on Christmas Day I'll shave with this year's present (hopefully).

A W. Greaves and Sons redo by Max Sprecher, and an excellent shaver. I look forward to it every time it pops up in my rotation.

Attachments

• $IMG_0042.jpg
    $IMG_0042.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 119
One the third day of Christmas, the Wade & Butcher came out. This was one of my first razors and completely ruined my ability to say no to a nice old razor.

Attachments

• $IMG_0240.jpg
    $IMG_0240.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 101

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I figure we have 12 days till Christmas, then on Christmas Day I'll shave with this year's present (hopefully).

The twelve days of Christmas do begin on December 25th and continue through January 5, with Epiphany coming on January 6.

This morning I used the evil twin of the Third Day razor. I got this second biggin after I fell in love with the other. I foolishly thought that a rotation of two great razors would do me. Foolish, foolish me! Still both give a wonderful shave, and surprisingly easy to use.

Attachments

• $IMG_0463.jpg
    $IMG_0463.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 84
This day I went for another redo by Max Sprecher. It is also a Wade & Butcher also. Another great shaver!

Attachments

• $IMG_0243.jpg
    $IMG_0243.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 77
On the sixth day of Christmas, one of the few non vintage razors that I have. This is a Max Sprecher original that performs with Ninteenth city brethren.

For the seventh day of Christmas (it's actually my second week rotation, I'll reserve my seventh wedge), it's time to begin my week of non wedge razors. My first hollow ground that I purchased was a Filarmonica. Everyone talked about the great shave they gave and I wanted to see for myself. I was impressed and decided to expand my horizons of wedge only razors.

Attachments

• $IMG_0036.jpg
    $IMG_0036.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 65
On the eight day of Christmas, I continued with the hollow grind week. After reading of the raves that the Swedish razors were getting on this forum, I got one. This lovely lady is light and maneuverable and gives an elegant shave. It. Was also my first with ivory scales. The wonderful feel and looks of ivory set me off on another quest.

Top Bottom