What's new

TV - To replace or not to replace?

nuy a 1k plasma that will have incredible picture, and will last you 3+ years unless you really want to be part of the 3d revolution.. the Viera series is well thought of, very affordable, and has a great picture!

4 years old? I would probably go for the fix (less to put into a landfill). In fact, if you fix it and still want another TV you will be able to sell a working set a lot faster than a dead one.

my belated 0.02;

repair the tv.

forget about 3d tv(for now); I am not sitting 2 home watching tv w/ a pair of 3d glasses on-period! Besides, I already see in 3d.:wink2:

marty

Maybe try living without a TV and see how you like it? Always wanted to do that . . .

Give it a try. After a dispute with the cable company I turned off the TV in late 1999. It was miserable for the first month, then I found all sorts of stuff to do. I don't miss TV and only watch it at friends, family and the occasional bar when I want to watch a particular football game.

I don't think 3D will catch on any time soon. I'll go to the occasional 3D movie (loved Avatar and Up), but those glasses are a real pain when you already wear prescription glasses. I haven't seen many good solutions for wearing two pairs of glasses. I dislike contacts (they're just a bunch o unnecessary work) and much prefer frames.

Oh, and without completely derailing the thread, go ahead and fix your TV. Even if you can't fix it, you can sell the parts online. Someone will want them and you can put the money towards a new set.

Top Bottom