What's new

Trusted Honemeister Needed

:confused:

Hi there. Just registered on this fantastic site as I've just bought my first straight.

Its well used and has a little staining, otherwise straight with an edge; albeit really blunt.

Thought I could hone myself - but cannot.

Would love to use this.

Can anyone recommend a good honemesiter please who would help

Many thanks in anticipation

Benz

In this forum, Joel, Taz, TheBigSpendur, Joe Chandler, FloppyShoes, Robert Williams, DwarvenChef, Izlat.

You can contact Lynn Abrams considered by many to be THE HONEMEISTER though here (Lynn) or over at StraightRazorPlace.com

There are a lot of very good honemeisters here that you will hear from, this is just a few names that come to mind easily.

By the way I am in the UK

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Iwan AKA SteelForge is in the UK, and might be able to hone your razor up for you. Send him a PM - HERE is his profile. Ideally you'll want someone in the UK to hone up your razor for you, as most individuals who hone razor charge around $20 USD, and when you factor in shipping to and from the US, it would probably end up being more expensive than a brand new razor!

What's the condition of the spine? Is it heavily worn? Is it evenly worn? Whats the brand of the straight razor?

If it's not in very good shape, a more cost effective solution may be to purchase a pre-honed vintage razor from a member.

Hope this helps....
:smile:

Thanks for that Joel. PM did not work for SteelForge. Pity.

Anyone else in UK out there that can hone?

Top Bottom