What's new

Traveling Slant - Try Before You Buy

No one can control external circumstances in their life. You can only control your responses to those circumstances.

In this case you've proven yourself to be the fastidious kind of gentleman who keeps his word no matter the impediments.

My hat is off to you. Many would have not been so faithful to the group. I would hope that I could measure up to the bar you've set if I were in the same circumstances. But I fear I may not.

So, no harm, no foul. And thank you for being willing to include us in your circle.

Thank you for the response and I think if you were in my shoes you would do the same.

I realize things are unsettled here on this thread, but I'm going to optimistically put my name into the ring (and assume I'll be at 50 posts by the time it gets to me in the list).

1. jlopez77
2. matt71
3. fwp3
4. NavyShave
5. smalldog27
6. nelsonic21
7. czbeme
8. Mojorisin35
9. chili Head
10. williaty
11. Scotchd
12. Mr. Daniel
13. FoolishMortal
14. Chrispy73
15. jwien20264
16. bobmsp

It would appear that the traveling slant is back up and running with a generous donation from the number 16 spot, bobmsp. All hail bobmsp! I should be receiving it Tuesday and will update.

Received the razor last night and first shave this morning. Used my usual prep, soap (The Fat) and blade, Personna (the US made in the blue box). I didn't hold back and jumped right into using it. It does appear to give a more efficient shave. I did my normal 2 passes WTG and it is a closer shave. I don't think I will be able to do just one pass and achieve the same results, but the overall shave is closer and more efficient compared to my 34 HD. I'll see how it performs with 2 days growth on Monday morning. Again I want to thank bobmsp for his donation.

The slant just powered through my 2 days growth this morning. I've only ever used the 34C HD so I don't know if it was because of the slant or if it's a bigger blade gap that makes it so efficient. I will shave with it one more time tomorrow and get it cleaned up and shipped out on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Razor shipped out to matt71 yesterday. I really enjoyed using it and it is an upgrade from the 34C I've been using. I think I will be getting a slant in the near future. Probably an ATT S1. Hopefully everyone on the list will get a chance to try it. Enjoy.

Got it today, shave 1 will be tomorrow. Estimating to go out in Wednesday's mail. Thanks for speedy shipping.

I normally shave with vintage open comb Gillettes, so this thing is looking a little funky to me. Looking forward to a test drive.

Looks like the batting order is:

1. fwp3
2. NavyShave
3. smalldog27
4. nelsonic21
5. czbeme
6. Mojorisin35
7. chili Head
8. williaty
9. Scotchd
10. Mr. Daniel
11. FoolishMortal
12. Chrispy73
13. jwien20264
14. bobmsp
15. Edwin

I can feel the momentum!

Having recently decided I'm in the market for a slant and running across this thread, I'd like to add my name to the list of participants. Thanks.

Everyone wanting to be added, just copy/paste the list of names and add yours to the end.

I have messaged next in line but haven't heard anything yet. I will wait until the day of shipment, but am messaging next in line just in case.

1. fwp3
2. NavyShave
3. smalldog27
4. nelsonic21
5. czbeme
6. Mojorisin35
7. chili Head
8. williaty
9. Scotchd
10. Mr. Daniel
11. FoolishMortal
12. Chrispy73
13. jwien20264
14. bobmsp
15. Edwin
16. MGShogun

Gents,

I am so sorry for the very, very, very long delay. I have had some major health issues and deaths in the family. The razor was the last thing on my mind. I hope everyone can forgive me for holding this up for so long. Is forrestgump still next? Again I am so so so so sorry.

It is resuming and I apologize to everyone again. I feel terrible that this happened because of me. I am just giving forrestgump a chance to respond to my pm and we will go from there.

Wow! I missed the initial resurrection of this thread. First and foremost, I'm glad that you're okay (and sorry that you had to go through some tough times). Thanks for coming back to us and sticking with this passaround.

[edit]

And then I read further.

Dang.

I hope CaptainRaven is okay.

Bob, great job stepping up. Remember the PM convo we had when you were new(er)? We can giggle about it now! :001_smile

Last edited:
Top Bottom