What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this thread pop up a few times, but have always avoided it since it's such a liability to my wallet! However, I do have something to share.

My girlfriend's uncle gave me these as we were leaving his house after staying there for Thanksgiving. I was pretty much speechless.

Wow, I would be speechless too. Nice score!

New arrivals!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
After trying several tobaccos, Escudo is still one of my favorites. Have you had any of these before?

Nope, they are all new to me so I was just rolling the dice on them based on reviews and my limited experience with others that I like. I smoked a bowl of the Escudo today at lunch and definitely enjoyed it. I'm going to try to age the Christmas Cheer for a while and maybe crack it open for next Christmas season. The Holiday Spirit smells great & will probably be the next thing that I try.

Nope, they are all new to me so I was just rolling the dice on them based on reviews and my limited experience with others that I like. I smoked a bowl of the Escudo today at lunch and definitely enjoyed it. I'm going to try to age the Christmas Cheer for a while and maybe crack it open for next Christmas season. The Holiday Spirit smells great & will probably be the next thing that I try.
I have a tin of 2010 Christmas Cheer, debating on opening it this year or hanging on to it longer.

I have a tin of 2010 Christmas Cheer, debating on opening it this year or hanging on to it longer.
You're going about this all wrong brother - you by two tins each year one to age and one to smoke, after ten years you'll never have to smoke a Christmas VA without at least a decade on it.

You're going about this all wrong brother - you by two tins each year one to age and one to smoke, after ten years you'll never have to smoke a Christmas VA without at least a decade on it.
It's an honor to watch the Master Enabler at work!:ouch1::001_tongu

what forum is this, i am looking to join a good pipe forum.

It's been a while since I posted anything new, gotta catch up

On a pipe forum I am a member of we do a lottery every month I won in September and this is my haul.
proxy.php

In July I was on my way to Jersey and stopped at JM Boswell's and picked up a couple of pipes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I asked JM if i he could make a churchwarden stem for the swirl pipe and send it to me. He told me if I could wait Dan would do it on the spot.

proxy.php

In the background is a poster my wife had framed for me a couple years ago, but I thought you might like to see it. It's a size guide for all the 2006 production Cuban cigars. It lists the exact size of each vitola and what brands were produced in that size. The Monte A in the bottom corner is over 9 inches long so you can see it's a pretty big piece.

proxy.php

Ok, last order until after Christmas...well, after I take James' advice about the 2nd tin of Christmas Cheer, but I can blame that on him.

2oz of Whiskey Biscuit Gravy & Ruins of Isengard from Just For Him
1oz of Just For Him's Christmas 2011 blend
McClelland Frog Morton on the Town

full

If you haven't had the Ruins of Isengard before it's very good, it's one of my two favorites from the Pipe Weed Series. I heard about the WBG but haven't tried it yet let us know how it is.

This is one of 14 pipes I got in a lot that I bought off a guy on Craig's List, this is the first pipe I used my new 3-step Beall Buffing System on. The bowl on this thing is a bottomless pit as you can see in the photo.
$IMG_0108.jpg$IMG_0112.jpg$IMG_0119.jpg

First cigar purchase in quite a while, but I have been waiting for these to drop. My Uzi Weighs a Ton "Bait Fish"! :w00t:

Supposed to pack quite a punch in a 4x44 stick

full

From Drew Estate's Subculture Studios & Joya de Nicaragua

My first haul in the pipe tobacco world.

$Rush River-20111217-00046.jpg

The bag being a stash of squadron leader. Best to go into a mason jar?

Also received a huge bag of samples from a fellow on this board. I appreciate your kindness and generosity. You know who you are and thanks!

My first haul in the pipe tobacco world.

View attachment 206954

The bag being a stash of squadron leader. Best to go into a mason jar?

Also received a huge bag of samples from a fellow on this board. I appreciate your kindness and generosity. You know who you are and thanks!
I would put it all in mason jars, even the tins unless you don't open them as they don't always seal that great after opening. I transferred my open tins to mason jars as seen in my previous posts, nice selections by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom