What's new

Tobacquisitions for March 2015

Saturday morning mail call

$PicsArt_1425744319109.jpg

Today was a good day. Between the New York/Newark Pipe Show and JR Cigars in Paramus, I got a couple pipes and some tins of tobacco.

Pipes:
1) Lane Era Sandblasted Charatan Free Hand Relief in a Lovat shape (no actual shape number listed on the shank)
2) Sandblasted Peterson Dracula 03

Tobacco:
1) Reiner Professional Mixture
2) Davidson Medallion Flakes
3) C&D DaVinci
4) GLP Hado's Delight

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425936938.738571.jpg

Lane era chubby pot #3148 came in the mail today. The bowl is massive, I can fit a quarter in it. I am a bit perplexed on what to smoke in a bowl this big to avoid getting nic-sick! [emoji32]

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I'm downstate for a funeral, and my friend wanted to get some cigars for afterward, so I stopped into a shop called Smokeville, which advertises "tobacco and groceries," which means they sell munchies, beer, and tobacco and accessories. As expected, it's mostly RYO and flavored cigars, but they have a small walk-in humidor, and a surprisingly decent selection of pipe tobacco. All OTC stuff, of course, but a good variety. I might go back later and get more.

$IMAG2062.jpg

Neither one of the Kentucky Clubs were on my list to try, but I was under the impression that they'd been discontinued, so I grabbed them. Besides, I liked the boxes. The others have been on my list for a while.

I'm downstate for a funeral, and my friend wanted to get some cigars for afterward, so I stopped into a shop called Smokeville, which advertises "tobacco and groceries," which means they sell munchies, beer, and tobacco and accessories. As expected, it's mostly RYO and flavored cigars, but they have a small walk-in humidor, and a surprisingly decent selection of pipe tobacco. All OTC stuff, of course, but a good variety. I might go back later and get more.

View attachment 555974

Neither one of the Kentucky Clubs were on my list to try, but I was under the impression that they'd been discontinued, so I grabbed them. Besides, I liked the boxes. The others have been on my list for a while.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Velvet. A friend with similar preferences in pipe tobacco as me loves the stuff.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426112619.405260.jpg

A paneled billiard Ferndown Reo ** with silver ring and Cumberland stem.

Saw that JR Cigars had free shipping and figured... why not?

5 packs of 100 BJ Long pipe cleaners
2 packs of BJL bristle cleaners
1 tin of SG Chocolate Flake

Top Bottom