What's new

Tobacquisitions for August 2014

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
P&C order day! Yay!

$IMAG1607.jpg
$IMAG1608.jpg

I got a P&C catalogue about a month ago, and it had a Stanwell Brushed Black bulldog on the cover. While I'm not a big fan of rustication, that was a sharp-looking pipe. After reading some Stanwell reviews, I finally got around to ordering a Brushed Black. Not the bulldog (this time....), but they had a few that really caught my eye. I'll be getting more. Spent the extra $1 for the pipe stand. Don't know why; I have nowhere to put it. I also picked up a tin of Nording Hunter Labrador.

I don't usually go for ornately carved meerschaums, much less figurals, but when I saw this beauty it was love at first sight, she has been well used and mistreated (broken amber stem) but is in overall excellent condition for her age (other than the stem), will be sending her out for a new stem this week...
$P1110412.jpg
$P1110409.jpg

Thanks to the P&C sale...

2 - McClelland X-Mas Cheer 2013 (3.5oz)
1 - McClelland Blackwoods (1.76oz)
1 - McClelland Dark Star (1.76oz)
1 - Samuel Gawith Winter Time (1.76oz)

I didn't want to go overboard.

Yep, thanks to P&C's generous 20%, decided to pick up the following:
3 tins - McClelland Christmas Cheer 2013 3.5 OZ
8 oz - McClelland No. 2015 Virginia Flake and Perique
2 tins - Capstan Blue Original Flake 1.76 OZ
1 - 9MM TO 3MM Pipe Filter

and earlier off the bay, this pipe/tabac purse (pipes not included)
proxy.php

First tobacquisition since starting with pipes:
$uploadfromtaptalk1408619940929.jpg

1Q, Mac Baren Vanilla cream, Frog Morton's cellar, MM Legend, MM Pony Express

This is my first dabble into aromatics, I tried the 1Q and I enjoyed it. It gave me flashbacks of a tin of vanilla-cased mini cigars someone bought me as a souvenir from a trip to the Dominican Republic nearly 10 years ago. This weekend I will break in the MM Legend with Frog Morton :thumbup1:

I don't usually go for ornately carved meerschaums, much less figurals, but when I saw this beauty it was love at first sight, she has been well used and mistreated (broken amber stem) but is in overall excellent condition for her age (other than the stem), will be sending her out for a new stem this week...
View attachment 485278
View attachment 485277

I don't usually use the word "awesome" but I do believe it fits in this situation. Congratulations on a very nice find.

+1 That's a great start. I enjoy the vanilla cream from time to time and the frog, well she's timeless. Well done.

I was cruising the Bay this afternoon to find some used equipment for work and the ebay bots showed me this beauty. Gave me a real bad case of gotta have it and since I've been wanting to get a morta I couldn't resist.

$moretti.jpg
$moretti2.jpg

Top Bottom