What's new

Timor Carbon Steel Razors. Any good?

Most of the thoughts I see on Timor razors are kind of old and mostly concern their stainless blades. The general consensus on those seems to be that the steel is finicky to hone and does not hold an edge for a good amount of time. Does anybody know if they have gotten better and/or if their carbon steel blades perform better than the stainless? I ask because I've found some nice looking ones for a pretty good price(if they are good, that is). Thanks for any knowledge you are able to share.

Most of the thoughts I see on Timor razors are kind of old and mostly concern their stainless blades. The general consensus on those seems to be that the steel is finicky to hone and does not hold an edge for a good amount of time. Does anybody know if they have gotten better and/or if their carbon steel blades perform better than the stainless? I ask because I've found some nice looking ones for a pretty good price(if they are good, that is). Thanks for any knowledge you are able to share.
here is a thread from a couple years ago, it seams that they mights till be hit or miss. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/280267-What-is-TIMOR-You-hear-about-them

For what it's worth, I have a Timor razor - Giesen & Forsthoff of Silignen. Mine though is not stainless; its tang and spine are blued.

$Giesen & Forsthoff.jpg

C.

Legion

Staff member
The vintage ones might be ok, but I would give the modern ones a miss, based on my experience.

Older Timor blades are excellent, I have a couple. I have no experience with newer models, but their reviews are not good.

I have no idea how old mine is (pictured above). Seems OK to me, took a good edge and shaves well, but I am no expert!

C.

I have chatted with Martin at Rasurpur about this company and he has worked with them closely on QC, from what he advised they are pretty good beginner blades and i know if you get one from him it will have no issues as he personally inspects everything that goes out, maybe reach out to him and get his advice, he's great to deal with !!!

Top Bottom