What's new

Thoughts on this straight blade

Hi,
I picked this up about 10 years ago and it has been sitting in a drawer ever since. I recently picked up a Norton 4k/8k hone and a Fromm strop and decided to give the ole straight razor a try. I am on my second week of shaving with it and having fair success. I was trying to find the origins of this razor but nothing comes up that looks close to it. I know of another Lark out there made in China but it has very different markings. So far I just used some flitz metal polish to clean it up (finishing up with rubbing alcohol) and the Norton to create a sharp edge. What do you guys think of this razor? Any information on the company (or parent company)? If you know anything about the razor would this make a good razor to start off with? Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for any information you may impart on me.

Attachments

• IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1296.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1295 (1).JPG
    IMG_1295 (1).JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 36
I know nothing of the history of this razor, but it looks like it will make a fine shaver. Great condition.

That's a good looking razor. I have a book at hone I can check out origin. Lots of barber supply and hardware stores had razors made for them. Some I trace down some are and will remain a mystery.

Thanks a million for taking a look into it for me. Good to hear you guys think it's a solid razor.

Top Bottom