What's new

🧑‍🚀🌝🪐💫☄️ This week’s SOTD thread March 25th to Sunday 31st March theme is Space Week. 🛰️🛸🚀📡🌞

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0310.jpeg

WR1 .48 • Perma-Sharp • The Varlet • SV 70th

Friday Morning Fleecing Festivity

Space Week - and how do we bend space? MELANGE.....
Sixth use on the Feather Light blade and it's just amazing. I'm glad I found a use for these blades as they do not fit into any of my AC Razors. Remainder of the ingredients resulted in a very Aromatic shave.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor
Feather Pro Light Blade (6X)
Olive Wood Handle Pure Badger
Barrister & Mann Melange Sample
Varon Dandy Spritz

Siete Machos Locion

3C2C7A51-68B3-4760-B51B-83EC4363E695-compressed.jpeg

Friday
Pre-shave: Harry’s Exfoliating Face Wash /Cremo Sandalwood
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: DaVinci 293
Soap: Mama Bear’s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Alum/ Kiehl’s Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion/Floid Blue
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, March 29th 2024.
Razor : Yaqi Romulus SE 316 SSP with a Yaqi Chippendale 316SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, mild to mid range depending on blades used or gap spacer used. Small head parts when assembling seem to be easier working on a wash incase of dropping them is what I have discovered and recommend. The combination of handle and head produces nice close comfortable shaves mostly. Has a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain titian mild, sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice Vanilla and light tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Deep Stones" 24mm synthetic boss knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather generator.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless) .
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE 316 SSP razor with a Kai Captain titian mild blade.
SOTD March 29 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20240229_084824.jpg

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless, matte black
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

2B37EC3F-075E-453C-8B18-89D6451ED4B2.jpeg

Razor - Paradigm Diamondback Titanium
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Rich Man Shaving Alone? W/ UltraLUX badger knot
Soap - Hendrix Classics & Co Alone?

First shave with the Paradigm Diamondback Titanium. It had moderate blade feel and just the right amount of tactile and audio feedback. Had about one day of growth on my face and 3 days of growth on my neck, which I avoided shaving the last few days due to irritation. My hair is fairly coarse. A good test for the razor which it handled easily. After one pass I had DFS. The light weight of this razor allowed it to be nimble. The shave was so smooth and comfortable that I moved at a much faster pace than I normally would or should do. I felt so much in control using it.

There was no drag and the diamond pattern on the handle provided plenty of grip. I actually appreciated the deeper engraving of the diamond pattern in this version for this reason. Cutting angle and sweet spot was easy to find. Emboldened by the smooth first pass, I went for BBS, which I achieved in 3 passes. The soap from Hendrix provided a lot of cushion and was very slick throughout the shave. Residual slickness was more than enough for cleanup.

The UltraLUX badger knot from Rich Man Shaving was such a pleasure to use - it had good backbone, held plenty of lather, and was very soft. It may be one of my favorite badger knots. Alum block revealed some 3-4 hot spots which I normally get with aggressive razors. I was a surprised of the hotspots given how smooth the shave was, but it made sense given how efficient it was. I wonder if I would have had any hotspots if I went slow and took my time. Those who like efficient razors with low blade feel should definitely check this razor out.

Brush: Razorock 400
Lather: Old Spice "Fresh Lime"
Razor: Edwin Jagger "DE 89"
Blade: Personna "Platinum Chrome" (red)
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lemon"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Old Spice "Fresh Lime"
Hydratin cream: Farm Stay "Black Snail & Peptide 9"

Quite a treat... after one week working in the field and dry shaving with an electric razor. :)

2024-03-30.jpg

Saturday SOTD
20240328_162824.jpg

Razor: Asylum Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector (D6)
Brush: Zenith H1 Horse 28mm
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Bufflehead Tishomingo
Butter: Organic Shea
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica