What's new

They are remaking “The Naked Gun” movies…

…well kinda. Liam Neeson will be playing Frank Drebin Jr.

I have kinda mixed feelings about this but at least they won’t be touching the originals.

I’m pretty sure Neeson can pull it off and hope they get the green light to use same type of humor that made the originals so funny. They’d probably have to give it an “R” rating today though.

…well kinda. Liam Neeson will be playing Frank Drebin Jr.

I have kinda mixed feelings about this but at least they won’t be touching the originals.

I’m pretty sure Neeson can pull it off and hope they get the green light to use same type of humor that made the originals so funny. They’d probably have to give it an “R” rating today though.
You know, that might just work.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be watching with interest!

Any idea who the writers will be? Key.

Also it absolutely has to be a woke-free zone.

I'm sure people thought they were crazy to cast Leslie Nielsen in a whacky comedy at that point in his career.

Wait, Naked Gun came out well after Airplane didn't it, so never mind. My point was that Leslie Nielsen, as you know, was a well established serious actor before he got into comedy.

There's nothing to see here! Move along!

95106445-8382-4fbe-bd72-1df089f563f2_text.gif

Love those movies! They really don’t make em like that anymore. My wife has been a fan of the movie Tammy since she was a little girl and hadn’t really ever watched the Naked Guns. When I showed her what a ridiculous man he can be, she was in disbelief.

I also love “Wrongfully Accused” - the spoof of The Fugitive.

Also (not starring Leslie but) the later Lampoon gem “Loaded Weapon” with Emilio Estevez and Samuel L Jackson spoofing the Lethal Weapons.

Absolutely side splitting humor. It’s 5-year-old humor but I can’t get enough.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Ray:
Don't know if Neeson will be able 'to pull it off' because of his prominent Northern Irish accent. 1710501160348.gif

proxy.php
"Like a midget in a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes". Lt. Frank Drebin

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Neeson did a pretty good job of playing the straight man in the comedy "A Million Ways to Die in the West", including having flowers stuck in his bare butt cheeks.
He's been a recurring comedic feature on Family Guy, both with Seth McFarlane.
I think he could do it.

Top Bottom