What's new

There's Chimay Grand Reserve (Bleue) And Then There's Everything Else

Chimay, the most expensive bottle of beer that will make you say "Damn! That was some damned good beer for the money."

Here's what it looks like in pallet form.

proxy.php

personally, i love a Gulden Draak above all others...the quads really give the depth of the tripel with the amazing malty flavor i love in my dubbels

Finally tried it this last weekend, it was delicious. Unfortunately i still haven't found the chimay chalice.

proxy.php

Thanks ras, i'll make sure to check out a few places.

tried the chimay premiere (red) last night. i think i like this one better than the blue.

proxy.php

Premiere is my favorite of the Chimays. Rochefort and St. Bernardus are great in all of their forms as well. I prefer La fin du monde over Maudite, of the Unibroue beers, and their Ephemere (sp) is good once in a while (if you like green apple). Too many beers, too little time!

St Bernardus ABT 12 is one of my Top 3 beers. Blue is a consistently delicious and judicious choice for a good beer.

I have finally moved to an area that could Chimay! I will try it one of these days... I do love me some Westmalle Dubbels and Triples. St Bernadus Triple and abt 12 are great too. Troubadore, Pyraat and Guldan Draak are some other great favorites when I'm not craving a hop bomb.

Trader Joe's Vintage Ale is a Unibroue product. The 2012 is a particularly good one, I think. Pricing is great for Unibroue (Think it's $4.99 for a bomber bottle).

I like the Chimay Premiere/Red a whole bunch, too -- though I "get" why some like the Blue more. IIRC it's smoother but has more alcohol... which means it requires a bit of extra care!

Top Bottom